Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
I'm gonna go to the storage today to run a little anti thru the water lines. S'posed to get several hours below freezing Wed night. If I can remember long enough I'll take a look at my switch and see what's there. Should be mostly similar even though I'm set up for 2 batts (only have 1 tho).
The Jayco pic pretty much says it's all original and that your take on the wire on the wrong terminal is spot on.
Maybe it was a Friday build
It was a Friday build according to the build sheet!!
I've found a couple other things that weren't ''exactly'' right too....nothing to major though. So far I'd buy another tomorrow if something happened to this one today.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:36 PM   #22

Well the horse appears to be quite dead, but how's 'bout we beat on it just a little bit longer...............
Here's my shut-off and it looks remarkably like yours Sledge.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2703.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	16389
We can see + and - coming to the battery in the foreground. From the left-hand terminal block we can see the link to the break-away (orange) and the short feed to the switch. The heavy feed coming from the left terminal I'm guessing goes to the converter which charges my house battery and provides 12V at the left terminal with or without a battery. We also see the much discussed 30A fuse which is connected to the smaller black wire and exits through the white blob on the left going (I assume) to the 7-pin plug (thanks Sledge). If this is the case it looks like I can charge the battery through the plug while the switch is off.
Coming from the right-hand terminal we see the heavy black wire coming straight down from behind the switch which I'll bet goes to the distribution panel and provides my house 12V. Exiting the switch to the right there is another terminal block with the 2 red wires. My guess is these feed 2 of my 3 slides, maybe all 3 of them. The two big slides are in the rear (living and kitchen) and have the single motor in each. The bedroom slide is Schwinteck and is the smallest. My guess is the red wires feed the big slides and the Schwinteck is fed directly from the distribution panel.

Now here's another question. Are the 2 terminal blocks just that or are they breakers? They are slightly different (orientation of the mounting ears) so I guess they didn't come from the same box of parts.

This has been an interesting thread to me and suggests a way to spend an hour or so. The "Big Red Switch" seemed to do just what I expected so I never really looked at the big picture.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 03:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
Well the horse appears to be quite dead, but how's 'bout we beat on it just a little bit longer...............
Here's my shut-off and it looks remarkably like yours Sledge.
Attachment 16389
We can see + and - coming to the battery in the foreground. From the left-hand terminal block we can see the link to the break-away (orange) and the short feed to the switch. The heavy feed coming from the left terminal I'm guessing goes to the converter which charges my house battery and provides 12V at the left terminal with or without a battery. We also see the much discussed 30A fuse which is connected to the smaller black wire and exits through the white blob on the left going (I assume) to the 7-pin plug (thanks Sledge). If this is the case it looks like I can charge the battery through the plug while the switch is off.
Coming from the right-hand terminal we see the heavy black wire coming straight down from behind the switch which I'll bet goes to the distribution panel and provides my house 12V. Exiting the switch to the right there is another terminal block with the 2 red wires. My guess is these feed 2 of my 3 slides, maybe all 3 of them. The two big slides are in the rear (living and kitchen) and have the single motor in each. The bedroom slide is Schwinteck and is the smallest. My guess is the red wires feed the big slides and the Schwinteck is fed directly from the distribution panel.

Now here's another question. Are the 2 terminal blocks just that or are they breakers? They are slightly different (orientation of the mounting ears) so I guess they didn't come from the same box of parts.

This has been an interesting thread to me and suggests a way to spend an hour or so. The "Big Red Switch" seemed to do just what I expected so I never really looked at the big picture.
That doesn't look factory.

hahaha, just kiddin. Had to do that.

Yours could be breakers...Im sure mine is nothing more than a terminal block.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:54 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
That doesn't look factory.
Score one for the Sledge!

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:17 PM   #25

Mine is just like RedHorse1. Not the most professional looking.
I relocated the batteries so now there is just a dummy positive cable hanging in the compartment. If anyone breaks in to steal my batteries, it'll look like there already gone.
Imnaha.Mansion is offline   Reply With Quote