Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2016, 10:02 AM   #1

Television Question

I hate to ask such a dumb simple question that I should know but don't or at least have forgotten.

I have a Winegard Carryout G2+ that I am trying to get hooked up for satellite TV in my 2017 Greyhawk 29 MV which came with Furrion TVs. I am using a H24 receiver and a RF Modulator. My problem is after getting it all hooked up shouldn't I be able to get the Direct TV Menu to come up on the screen so that I can then go thru the set up process? All I get is a blue screen on the Furrion. Apparently I do not have something on the right setting on the Furrion or either not operating my Direct TV remote correctly.

Would appreciate any help you might could give me
Titleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #2

Blue or black screen usually means no signal. Make certain the satellite components are powered up, then go through all of the "input" options for the tv. The remote may have a button labelled inputs.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmik Debris View Post
Blue or black screen usually means no signal. Make certain the satellite components are powered up, then go through all of the "input" options for the tv. The remote may have a button labelled inputs.
X2. You should have several "input" selections on your tv remote. Just a matter of scrolling through them to see which input is active. if you have the satellite receiver inside, where did you run that coax to on the tv? That is the input you are looking for.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:32 PM   #4

Just got the winegard g2 installed on the roof. Installer said all was good to go. However, I am unable to get anything when turning on tv except the black screen and no signal. I have tried all input sources for the tv. Installer had it set on hdmi1, so I have to assume that is the correct one. Satellite box on, antenna booster off, winegard button on in cabinet and nothing. What am I doing wrong?
donellen30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:35 PM   #5

I'm assuming the Sat box is connected to outside Sat terminal. The TV or other equipment gets that signal from some inside connection. You may want to pull the cover on the inside connection, the same one that has the antenna power injector, and make certain the coax from the Sat connector is hooked up.
Alternatively, if you have a spare piece of coax, go direct from Sat antenna to your inside equipment. If you get a signal then you need to chase down what's wrong with the coax inside the walls.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote