Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-16-2015, 05:56 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntstanifer View Post
Said the selling dealer should work out with supplier... What a run around...
It is the dealer's responsibility to take of the problem and handle all warranty claims etc. You shouldn't have to call anybody other than them.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:02 AM   #22
Site Team

I had a similar problem with mine. My dealer and Jayco resolved it and Dexter provided the parts. I never had to deal with anyone but my local dealer.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:58 AM   #23

Dexter has agreed to send replacement axle. Said if I send back and they find axle defective, they pay for replacement and tires...no thanks to jayco, I had to contact Dexter directly. They were awesome on response, their customer service far exceeds that of Jayco.
tntstanifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:49 AM   #24

Quote:
Dexter has agreed to send replacement axle. Said if I send back and they find axle defective, they pay for replacement and tires...no thanks to jayco, I had to contact Dexter directly. They were awesome on response, their customer service far exceeds that of Jayco.
You have a 5 year old unit that was no longer under JAYCO's warranty so why is it JAYCO's responsibility? If they tried to cover disputes between all their manufacturers and customers years after the warranties expired they would have to double or triple their staff.

NORCOLD had a door issue with 06/08 fridges and it was handled directly by NORCOLD and the dealers in 95% of the cases since it was after JAYCO's warranty expired. The only units that I know where JAYCO got involved is when the unit was the Factory Service Center.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:02 AM   #25

My unit is less than 4 months old.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:13 PM   #26

There's a little mix up as to the age of the unit since the original thread was unintentionally hijacked by a subsequent poster with the same problem.
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #27

I agree, bad dealer...
Old 09-24-2015, 08:10 PM   #28

Hope you not imply I hijacked a post...I only replied, as to I had experienced similar issues...sad about dealers, and customer service..
Old 09-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #29

Quote:
Hope you not imply I hijacked a post...I only replied, as to I had experienced similar issues...sad about dealers, and customer service..
Hence the phrase "unintentionally".
Hohenwald48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:31 PM   #30

Next time I see someone hijacked, I be sure to remember unintentional...this forum I thought was something else...
Old 09-25-2015, 07:48 PM   #31
Site Team

OK..... lets try getting back on topic. Thank you..

TV 2005 Ram 3500 CC LB SRW Cummins POWER
2014 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS Prodigy P3 brake controller.Reese dual cam 1400/14000
WVDusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:45 PM   #32

gladned- I had an axel where out the inner tread on both tires, the camber should be 0 degrees in order for the tire to ride evenly across the tread!!! Dexter replaced my complete axle assembly, axle/springs/spindle&hubs/brakes including backing plates!!! Basically removed the complete bad axle assembly & installed a new one and also mounted new tire on my rims all under warranty!!! Good luck with your problem but would try contacting Jayco to start with!!!
Rhumphers9a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:00 PM   #33

Unusual tire wear, poor customer service...

I am having the same issue as some of you are, with my 25RKS Eagle. I had a tire blow out and when I check the tire on the opposite side, I found that the inner edge and wall of the tire was down to metal belts. I stopped by our RV dealer today, on the way back from our last camping trip, and they said they weren't really sure what to do with it.......??????

I told them that this has been this way since I bout it 3 years ago and when I stopped in the first year we had it, their mechanic said that it was fine, "that's what their supposed to do". Well, I guess that was WRONG!

Both rear axle wheels are tilted inward at the top. I had to take pictures of the wheels and the bad tire to send to the dealer who said they would send it to Jayco to find out if anything can be done. Great customer service! Now that I am researching this problem myself, I find that I am not the only one with the same issue.

Hopefully, I can get this resolved before cold weather sets in.
Attached Thumbnails
20151013_133115.jpg   20151013_132752.jpg   20151013_132813.jpg  
medic149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:36 PM   #34

Good luck, glad you caught..I think people just don't put many miles on, then replace tires. Dexter sent a n axle, they were great, had installed on our 2015, jayco with less than 2,000 miles, looks better, pulls better, however, the installing shop, said what I thought, it should have a larger capacity axle, but it is within legal limits of using the dual 3,500 lbs axles...when warranty expires, I am paying to upgrade to larger ..wish best
Old 10-13-2015, 07:48 PM   #35

Jayco 24 FBS Tire Wear

I had a 2011 Jayco 24 FBS that had the same tire wear after 2000 miles. Unit was out of Jayco 2 year warranty by 3 months. Jayco would do nothing. I had a Extended warranty, but that does not cover axles.
Obviously the axle was under capacity. I weighted the unit at a CAT scale on a trip with our equipment and it cane in 400 lbs. below the max Gross capacity of the trailer.
I contacted Dexter direct to discuss the issue. They quoted prices for the factory axles, which I said were to light. For 20 plus dollars more, I went to a 5000 lbs. axles. Replaced both axles with 5000 lbs. axles.
Reused the same wheel bearings, backing plates , brakes, brake hubs.
Dexter also supplied new axle mounting bolts.
After installing these new axles the trailer had much better stability while towing and in cross wind towing.
If you are going to change the axles look at higher capacity axles. they are just a few dollars more and when you hit those roads where the surface needs repair you do not have to "Cringe" knowing you have some extra capacity axles.
G. Reed
reedga1990 is offline   Reply With Quote