Tongue Jack Replaced
So, after getting water in my tongue jack a couple times, it started sounding pretty gnarly. It was technically "working" when I removed it, but I'm not sure for how much longer. It sounded like it had a bunch of rocks in it, and it seemed to be using a lot of energy. So I got my dealer to cover it under warranty. But instead of replacing it with the factory jack, or something similar, I agreed to pay the difference for an upgrade.
The first pic is the water that came out of my jack head after I removed it. I don't even remember the last time it rained.
Second pic is what the inside of the wire nut looked like. My trailer is a 2014 model, and the wire nut was a standard household variety.
The third pic is what I replaced the original with. The Husky Brute has ball bearing drive, "smart stop", is rated to 4500 lbs where the original was 3500, and is wired with a manual reset 30A breaker instead of a fuse.
I must say, even though I've only used it once, this is a SIGNIFICANT improvement over the factory jack. When I wired it in, I used a "waterproof" wire nut and Di-Electric grease. All my connections are now MUCH more solid than they were, and so I have a significant level of confidence I won't be left without my jack!
2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)
Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!