Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-26-2020, 04:27 PM   #21

I'd wire the repeater so your battery disconnect will turn it off when you turn off the switch.

To you guys that own a TST... would you buy another TST, or another brand?
Old 01-26-2020, 04:43 PM   #22

I have the TST 507 and used it for about a year and started losing connection frequently. I called customer service and they sent me a free repeater. I wired it direct to the battery mounted to the battery box and is always on. No problems so far. This is on a 28 foot White Hawk.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:44 PM   #23

I would certainly buy TST again if I needed another one. To be fair, though, I haven't used a different brand, so I cannot really compare them. Some of the older (earlier) versions of the TST units had less capacity for sensors and had some limitations, but the 507 has all we need for pressure and temperature settings and alarm points.
Now that I am using it, I find I like the separate monitor rather the vehicle ttpms in-dash option that is available. I keep an eye on the monitor: it's interesting to see how the pressure and temperature react as you start from cold and get on the highway. I can actually see the temperature difference on the side the sun is hitting if driving for a length of time in one direction. It seems to be pretty sensitive, which is comforting.

The one thing you do need to be aware of is that if you have a remote weather station, it can be operating on the same 433 MHz frequency, and cause interference. I am lucky that my weather station does not affect it, even though it is the same frequency.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:42 AM   #24

I loves mines and yea I did put the repeater that came with it inside my battery storage compartment.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:23 AM   #25
Site Team

Thanks for the comments. I am a repeat TST customer moving up from, a RV510 system that I used for 7 years and no repeater. Never had a problem with dropouts.

I'm just trying to not add another thing to do when I set up and break down camp. I may just see if it works like the old one which would indicate it was not receiving a signal. The repeater was included and I do have a lighted switch left over from another project.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote