Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #1

Using the Jayco window shades

Hi,

I bought a new Jay Feather Sport this past spring, which has has the kind of window shades that you raise and lower with one hand. (I forget the term for these shade, but Jayco probably uses them in most of their products).

During my last camping trip, the front shade would not stay in the raised position. There's nothing in the owner's manual about adjusting them.

Is there any way to adjust these shades?

Thanks,
Ray
Ray364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #2

Hi Ray: I don't know what they're called either but if you've got the same type as mine (shades ride on strings) try tightening the strings up, if they're loose, but don't overdo it. Others may chime in and give you better advise if you've got different types of shades than the kind I'm talking about.
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #3

RR, yes they ride on a string. i really like them too, but i'm not sure how to tighten the strings. perhaps someone can tell me the secret.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:17 PM   #4

There is a screw with a couple washers at the bottom. The string is wound around the screw between the washers and then the screw is tightned.
Just loosen the screw and rewind the string keeping it tight, and then tighten the screw to hold the string in place.
2010 Jayco EXP 21M Hybrid

“This isn’t rocket science; it’s more like quantum physics.”
Topflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #5

WE had our jayco out recently on our 3rd trip since we have owned it and without any warning two of the window shades would no longer stay up. Since we have it in for other warranty repairs we just added it to the list so I am of no help how to fix it. But am interested in how to fix it if it happens again when we are not taking it into the shop
2012 f250 diesel

mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topflight View Post
There is a screw with a couple washers at the bottom. The string is wound around the screw between the washers and then the screw is tightned.
Just loosen the screw and rewind the string keeping it tight, and then tighten the screw to hold the string in place.
I took a close look at the screw today. Unfortunately, the screw head is not a common one -- neither phillips nor flat. In fact, it looks almost triangular. Not sure what to use to turn the screw. I guess I'll have to improvise.