Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #1

Vent fan replacement

I tried to search the forum but it comes back with too many matches so.... My question is this, would like to upgrade my bathroom fan to like a fantastic fan or something along that line but I am worried about wire size. The wire size that's there looks like 18 ga and I am concerned it isn't large enough for a bigger fan. We have a 2014 white hawk 28dsbh. Any body upgrade their fan?
Old 07-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #2

Hengs Vortex Fan.

Drop in replacement for OEM fan, no breaking the factory roof seal necessary.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1wayhighway View Post
I tried to search the forum but it comes back with too many matches so.... My question is this, would like to upgrade my bathroom fan to like a fantastic fan or something along that line but I am worried about wire size. The wire size that's there looks like 18 ga and I am concerned it isn't large enough for a bigger fan. We have a 2014 white hawk 28dsbh. Any body upgrade their fan?

I just replaced our bath vent fan last weekend. I put in the maxx air fan. It's a 10 speed motor and this thing moves a ton of air!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #4

You'll be fine with a fantastic fan. Its not an upgrade, its a whole new ball game. Have always wondered why Jayco doesn't offer this as an option. I've installed fantastic fans in 2 TT's including my 2014 WHawk. The 2nd time I just went with the exhaust only since that is basically always the way you will use it. Suck air out the vent and open windows where you want fresh air.

No need to fret about pulling the old vent/stink fan assembly and replacing it with the new FFan. Just recaulk and you'll be fine. Make sure you finish the project with a Max Air went cover that allows you to use your fan even when its raining.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #5

I replaced two in our old Designer and loved them . If I hadn't upgraded to a different fiver I would have replaced the bath fan . Never liked it . It was so strong it would suck your shirt off when you turned it on. Way to strong
Clayton4971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:33 PM   #6

Quote:

First thing we asked the dealer to do before taking delivery of our 27DSRL. Thermostatically controlled Fantastic Fan and Maxx Air II vent cover to replace the OEM 'beanie propeller' fan in the bath. If it's the only fan in trailer, it's money well spent and you'll be pleased with its operation. Moves lot o' air, even at low speed.
thomasmnile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Check out the Heng's Vortex on Amazon. I had a non powered vent in the kitchen and every time you made toast the smoke detector went off. I pulled power over from the adjacent ceiling lamp. Follow the instructions, takes 15-20 minutes depending how handy you are. You'll love it. About 50 bucks. I only bought the single speed one.
Jeff61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #8

Thanks everyone for the info