Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-22-2014, 06:24 PM   #1

Vent Lid Replacement Pivot Channel Fit

This related to a Sunline roof vent lid replacement, but I believe my 2001 Jayco 23b vent lid has a similar hinge arrangement.

I purchased 2 ea, Henge's Industries 90110-C1 RP - Cover Hinge & Dome Guide "Fits Heng's, Ventline, & Elixir Universal Vents.

The Sunline vents are the typical 14 x 14 vent.

The plastic vent lid and mechanical lift bracket was identical. The 1/2 round hinge piece slid in as it was supposed to. The problem came when I tried to get the lid to close. The hinge metal radius wasn't quite right so it bound before it let the vent lid seal down.

The solution was to lever the hinge metal open a bit more along its length. I first tried using pliers to open up the slot, but that just crushed and deformed it. What worked for me was a small brake star wheel adjusting tool. That allowed me to work along the edge of the slot to open it up enough to provide proper pivot and vent cover seal.

Maybe this will help someone else who purchased the parts and is trying to install them far away from suppliers as I was.

As an aside, I was surprised how the removed vent covers crumbled as they were removed. One showed cracks, other looked fine until disturbed. Both of the removed covers were protected by the over shield added covers so they shouldn't have seen much UV.

FWIW. vic
VicS1950 is offline   Reply With Quote