Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2016, 08:50 AM   #11

Come on now....Nobody have any answers to the questions above? I guess side mounted AC units are not too popular.....LOL.

When I was inspecting my trailer for possible bug and mouse entry points i could see chicken wire on the roof above the AC unit. There is a vent on the roof and the wire seals it off. I wanted to remove the AC unit to add window screen to the vent to seal it off even further. I unscrewed the front facia on the AC, expecting it to pull right out, but it was not possible. Could the outside caulked trim piece be attached to the AC? In any event, nobody answered that question either.

I see a little condensation dripping down the outside of the trailer and can't detect any inside. I guess it must drain over the outside molding, with no actual drain pipe installed.

gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:39 AM   #12

Many window frame AC units do not have drains. The pan holds the condensate, and the fan has little dippers that "fling" the water onto the coils to aid in cooling. The water then evaporates and or is blown out the exhaust grill as a mist.

Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS

2007 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4x4 Z71
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:02 PM   #13

mine only drains when it is very humid, the rest of the time it just evaporates from the air flow and heat.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbailey View Post
Many window frame AC units do not have drains. The pan holds the condensate, and the fan has little dippers that "fling" the water onto the coils to aid in cooling. The water then evaporates and or is blown out the exhaust grill as a mist.

Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
I believe this is the case for the SLX side-mount A/C units. I've not seen any indication of it leaking inside when it's not level or slightly lower on the side with the A/C. You can get a good bit of water down the side when it does finally get tilted that way. I do try and avoid running the A/C if it's not leveled quite the way it should be.