Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-07-2016, 08:12 AM   #1

Water in fridge

We get water inside the fridge from the drip pan. Yes I've checked to make sure the drain hose is clear and the back of the pan is in the drain tube and pushed back all the way. I've also checked for cracks in pan. Had the dealer check it and it has them baffled too, ordered a new pan and will try that. I put duck tape around outlet on drip pan so it will fit snug in drain hose, hopefully that will help. If anyone else has had this issue, I would like to know your fix or remedy. Thanks
Kjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:48 AM   #2

I had the same problem until I figured out to put the outlet end of the hose above the water line of the drain pan. If the end of the hose is submerged it cuts off the flow of water. Open the outside vent and you'll see that the hose ends at the bottom of the little drain pan. Rig the hose so it's up toward the top of the drain pan.
Old 05-07-2016, 06:10 PM   #3

I had a similar issue with mine. I found that the drain hose was kinked where it goes through the back wall of the fridge. I cut it and reinstalled and no longer is an issue.

Big Jeremy
Jer&KimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:00 PM   #4

Thanks for the suggestions I already cut drain tube just above edge of evaporator pan in access cover on back of fridge and removed the little screen at end of drip tube. I've also filled tray with water and it drains into evaporator pan so no kinked hose. Since I put the tape around the spigot on the tray in fridge it seems to stay dry no water in fridge so hopefully new tray will solve the problem. Fingers crossed . Thanks
Kjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote