Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2015, 06:33 PM   #1

water pressure

I just took delivery of a new 32tsbh. The problem that I'm having is very bad water pressure. I took a pressure reading at the spigot and it was 30 psi. The water inside trailer is barely coming out of faucet, tub and even toilet. I know the campground pressure is low, as far as I know, but other campers have same reading at spigot and have good flow in trailer. My question is am I missing a valve or a clogged filter in trailer? Can I use my water pump to increase the pressure while on city hookup?
ltslat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:39 PM   #2

Are you using a pressure regulator inline with the hose from the CG supply?
Also, no I don't think your pump will help

2014 Eagle 30.5 RLS
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW 6.7L
Click on my profile for Mods and notes
Jmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:56 PM   #3

Using the pump won't help as a check-valve keeps it out of the loop when pressure is present from the city connection.

There are two areas I'd check - the water system manifold valve positions and the water filter. Make sure you have the manifold set to the correct combination for city water. Also, make sure the water filter cartridge is in good shape and that both the inflow and outflow valves are open.

Question for you - if you run off the fresh tank using the pump, do you have normal pressure?
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #4

I removed my pressure regulator and no change in pressure. I also removed my water filter and did get a little bit better, but not much. Does not even have eneough pressure so I can use the spray feature on kitchen faucet. Curious to what and where the manifold valves are. I have not been able to fill the water tank yet, unit was just delivered yesterday.
ltslat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:42 PM   #5

You might check the water line coming in at the city inlet, it could have a sharp bend in it when it was installed at the factory. I had the same problem with another brand of TT we owned and it was caused by a pinched line
Old 04-26-2015, 07:44 PM   #6

I guess I made an assumption I shouldn't have. Does your unit have a "utility center" with two 3-position valves (one with positions 1,2,3 and the other with positions 4,5,6)? I took a quick look at the manual for the 32tsbh, and it mentions the utility center but says "if so equipped". Maybe it is optional. Anyway, if you do have that setup, the valves control where and how the water flows.
2014 Honda CR-V toad

anav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:52 PM   #7

Sounds like you are already camping with it. Take the hose off the city water connection, and check for dirt/sediment plugging the screen inside the connection. Granted, not a common problem, but simple to check!