Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2016, 11:09 AM   #1

Water pump and radio static

I replaced my bathroom facet today,in my 2013 dsrl jayco and to test for leaks I turned on the water pump. I had my Jensen sound system on a local radio station. Probably one of the strongest signals in the area. As soon as I threw the water pump switch the volume dropped and I noticed static started the same time. I can still hear the station but its no longer clear as before. I know the antenna on this unit doesn't work well as I have tried other antennas and there is no difference. So right up front its a lousy radio system. But what concerns me is the static continues all the time when the pump switch is on even though its not pumping water to any outlets. I'm pretty sure the check valve has a small leak as we started out with empty fresh water tanks last camping trip and have one light of water when we left. Could the whole pump be dying and just telling me in a quiet way or is this a common thing. I bought this used and have no prior experience with this type of system but I do know I can replace the check valve.... any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help....
Maax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:35 PM   #2

Loose connection in the radio's antenna.

If the pump isn't running, no electricity is flowing; therefore no RFI.

The vibration from the priming into loaded-with-water could have broken an already weak connection.

I'll complain bitterly about that POS 'Entertainment System' too! But you've got antenna wiring issues to be fixed.

Sitting in The Cheap Seats.
And proud of it!
mike837go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply, and your right the radio does have a bad antenna connection. Haven't been able to fix it with a new antenna so its something internal or the socket the cable plugs into... That I can work around.. at least it plays the dvds.
Maax is offline   Reply With Quote