Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-31-2017, 11:40 PM   #1

Water Pump Issues

Dewinterizing my trailer today and sanitizing the water system. I have a 2016 27DSRL TT. I did not use the water pump last year except to sanitize the system. I don't recall any issues last year. Anyway, the pump ran smoothly at first and shut off when system pressurized. It stayed off with no cycling at all which was great! However when I open one of the faucets or the shower the pump rapidly cycles on and off. If I open both faucets, it runs smooth. I have the Shurflo 4008 Revolution Bypass pump. Supposed to be 55 psi pressure shutoff. But when I hooked a pressure gauge to the kitchen spigot, the pressure is only 40psi. My owners manual says the max pressure should be 45 psi. So it looks like I need to adjust the pressure switch to at least 45 psi and hopefully that will fix my cycling at lower flows. Am I on the right track? Is 45 psi really the max pressure for Jayco? Why install a 55 psi pump at the factory? Anyone have any experience adjusting the pressure on this pump? What about the bypass adjustment?
WyEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:58 AM   #2

The cycling is caused by the low flow rate out of one faucet. The pump starts to pump as soon as the pressure drops below the low limit threshold. Since your flow rate is low out of the faucet, the pump actually catches up and reaches the high pressure setting and shuts off even though water is still flowing. Raising the pressure setting isn't going to cure the cycling and may make it worse. Opening the faucet to let more water flow will stop the cycling or add an accumulator tank to your system. You might also want to check the aerator on the faucet to insure it isn't partially plugged with crud or calcium build up.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:10 AM   #3

^ x2 ^