Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2014, 06:25 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
It appears most of the weight of the KLR(S) is to the rear of your TV's rear axle which is potentially compounding the weight reduction off the TV's front axle.

IMO a visit to a CAT scale would tell you everything you need to know ((with or without the bike(s)), thus eliminating any of the weight guess work.

CAT scale how-to: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f37/how-to-weigh-your-tv-tt-3871.html

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS
Reese HP Dual Cam
Putnam Class V
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #12
It's funny how much that extra 150 lbs made. My KLR weighs in at about 450lbs whereas my WRR (which I normally carry) weighs just under 300.

That night that the picture was taken I could notice the front end lift but it really wasn't that bad - still towed fine on the highway with crosswinds and down the gravel FSR to the OHV area.

It's definitely maxed out in this configuration. I've swapped generators for a smaller lighter one. That with the lighter bike in the back should bring it back level again. Pretty impressed with the truck though, handles it all fine and doesn't complain a bit.

I've done a scale stop before but this was without the bikes when I first got the trailer. Will definitely do so in the future to confirm everything. In my case, i f possible, I'll try to weigh each axle independently and then the whole rig, or at least the truck and trailer separately.

Lordendo is offline   Reply With Quote