Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-14-2015, 07:40 AM   #21

Troutslayer:I used to use old industrial conveyor belts for a bed mat in my trucks. Saber saw did the job to cut the stuff to fit the bed.
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 07:52 AM   #22

I don't know if this was posted or not but saw a couple of posts about removing your 5th wheel hitches. Have you guys seen or heard of the Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection by Anderson Hitches? The aluminium version weighs in at 30 pounds and can take 50,000 pounds of force. Check it out...
http://www.andersenhitches.com/catal...onnection.aspx
If I had a 5th wheel, this is the route I would go...
jaycojls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
I have one and like it a lot. The side panels come in 3 pieces and are custom fit to my truck (plus a plastic panel for the tailgate). The bed liner is a rubber material like what tires are made of. It was not easy to cut to fit around the 5er hitch rails but can be done. Unless things have changed the company says they will work with you if you sell your truck and just need a new rubber liner to replace the one used to go around the hitch rails. The rubber mat is great cuz nothing, and I mean nothing, slides around.
I just got back off a 3 day fishing trip without my tonneau cover on the bed. It rained hard all three days and I was worried about water under the rubber bed liner so I took it up the day after I got back and it was dry as a bone can be. If I ever buy another truck, I'll purchase the Dual Liner again.
I'm going to get a dual liner for my next truck but I will miss the ability to slide things around in the bed. At my age (not mention being disabled), crawling in and lifting heavy things fore and aft instead of sliding them is a really bad option. I might get a sheet of black coroplast and cut it to fit on top of the mat for when I need to be able to slide things around.

I like the idea of the fairly flat top of the mat. Most drop-in bed liners, such as the Duraliner I have in my little F150 Screw, have ridges that destroy my old knees when I try crawling over them.