Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2016, 12:52 PM   #1

Centerline TS

Does anyone have experience with the Husky Centerline TS? It seems to be similar to the Equalizer 4point (maybe lighter). I'm trying to be cognizant of weight and I'm also considering the Andersen hitch.

I expect my 26' JayFeather to weigh about 6000# with a tonge weight just over 800#.
coachtcardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 02:01 PM   #2

When we bought our new 32 last July, I did a lot of research on the CL. Very positive reviews!!! I don't recall any negative feedback regarding the performance at all! Couple minor issues (the Pistons) in the early models that was fixed under warranty. Only minor complaints was you generally need to be in a straight line when hooking up/ unhooking the wd bars. And the hitch head is heavy, but most are....

Main reason I decided against it was the wd bars were not rated high enough at the time (only had a 1200lb model at the time), and the need to be in almost a straight line to hook up/unhook.

Good luck deciding.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:00 PM   #3

The Centerline TS that I'm referring to doesn't have pistons. It's a relatively new model that sells for $399 at several sites. The "TS" line has three different models; I'd be looking at the 600-800# or 800-1200# options (most likely the latter).
Old 04-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachtcardoso View Post
Does anyone have experience with the Husky Centerline TS? It seems to be similar to the Equalizer 4point (maybe lighter). I'm trying to be cognizant of weight and I'm also considering the Andersen hitch.

I expect my 26' JayFeather to weigh about 6000# with a tonge weight just over 800#.
I own and have used both the Centerline TS 800-1200# and the Equalizer 4pt. 1000-1400# WDH on our current 36ft. 9500# (loaded) trailer. Can't speak to the Anderson hitch.

In regards to the weight of the Centerline/Equalizer hitches in general, I would have to say that the Centerline TS head is heavier and quite a bit larger between the two but the Centerline spring bars seem lighter. I never checked into the actual weight of each hitch as a whole.

With that said, there IS a difference in performance between the two and so any differences in the weight of the hitch, at least for me, is a non issue.

In my opinion, the Centerline outperforms the Equalizer, hands down. One thing I noticed immediately between the two was how quiet the Centerline was compared to the Equalizer when turning or backing up. I now have to use white lithium grease on the Equalizer constantly to try and minimize the "waking the dead" noise the Equalizer makes. You can buy accessory discs that are supposed to help, but they should come stock. The Centerline was as quiet as a church mouse.

But by far, the most important difference I see is in what I "feel" when using the Centerline vs. the Equalizer. Even the DW mentioned that I seemed to be much more relaxed while towing when we were using the Centerline compared to now while using the Equalizer and she is correct. I "feel" much more sway, especially when semi's pass or in moderate cross winds, which causes me to hang onto the wheel a little tighter now in using the Equalizer than I ever did using the Centerline. When traveling from Michigan to Florida and back, the "accumulative" difference in how relaxed I felt after each trip was pronounced.

Why don't I just switch back you say? The ONLY reason I had to change hitches is because the DW has found a way to increase my tongue weight over the capacity of the Centerline. If the Centerline TS could handle them, and Husky made higher capacity spring bars for the Centerline TS, I would switch back in a heartbeat.
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #5

Quote:
The Centerline TS that I'm referring to doesn't have pistons. It's a relatively new model that sells for $399 at several sites. The "TS" line has three different models; I'd be looking at the 600-800# or 800-1200# options (most likely the latter).
Gotcha! Every time we turn around, new toys are available!!! Thought it was the TS that I had looked at last July. Though it's been almost a year now! Lol

Use the "brochure" dry tw only as a starting point. The weight of the propane tanks and battery are not even included in the "brochure" dry tw.

Good luck, and post feedback if you do go with the CL after you have used it for a while!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:43 PM   #6

Bluejay
Thanks for the information. I think I'll go with the largest Centerline. Should I buy it online or have my dealer price match it (they may charge for the install) ? I guess I want to know how difficult it is to install.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Bluejay
Thanks for the information. I think I'll go with the largest Centerline. Should I buy it online or have my dealer price match it (they may charge for the install) ? I guess I want to know how difficult it is to install.
I purchased my Centerline TS as part of my trailer purchase and was able to get them to price match AND install it. Took the tech less than 30 minutes to do the entire install and setup but I am sure he has setup hundreds if not thousands of hitches and had all the required tools at arms length.

I am also sure there are install videos out there as well as support personnel at Husky that would be glad to assist. But to give you an idea, here is an article from Trailerlife that is pretty detailed about the install process to give you an idea.

Center of Attention

HTH
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote