Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-12-2016, 05:43 PM   #11
If THIS is the wd hitch, it does not have integrated sway control.

I would suggest sway control as well. For that length it is suggested for 2 sway bars as mentioned. Downside to the side mounted sway bars is they may need to be removed when backing, or making very tight turns (if I understand correctly- never used one myself).

Couldn't hurt to try talking to your salesman to see if you can get credit for a wd hitch w/ integrated sway control.

If you decide to upgrade to a new system, the Reese HP Dual Cam, Reese SC, and the Equal-I-Zer 4 way systems are very good systems for the money. The DC is a little more finicky to set up, or if the tw (tongue weight) changes a fair amount it needs to be re-adjusted (empty vs full fresh water tank if it's in front of the axles). The SC and 4 way system are very similar, but the Reese hitch head (same hitch head of both the DC and SC models) does allow for a little more "fine tuning" regarding the hitch head for the wd bar angle adjustment. Can't go wrong with any of the 3.

From research, the Anderson does a pretty good job, but if you have a heavier tw, the Anderson may not be able to transfer enough weight back to the tv (tow vehicle) front axle. It only works with certain coupler styles as well, so make sure to do your research.

Here is a link to wdh set up and how a wdh works.

Regardless if you keep the Eaz Lift, or buy a new integrated system, once the trailer is loaded for a trip you will probably need to re-adjust the wdh. Reason is the dealer is setting up the hitch for an empty trailer. Though some dealers are able to get the hitch very close, not sure if it's luck ot maybe they are very good.

Good luck!!!

Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:02 AM   #12
On our previous trailer we had the same hitch that you have now. With one anti sway bar I could always feel transports coming from behind.
Our current trailer is similar to the one you have. With the Equal-i-zer hithc I don't feel transports at all.

As a minimum I would add at least one anti sway bar . As said above 2 are recommended.

If you can trade the hitch in I'd go for one like the Equal-i-zer that has the sway control built in. I know I'm glad I switched.

Ont. Canada
2012 Chev 4x4 Crew Cab 5.3l 3.42 trailer package
2011 Jayco Select 28U
Equal-i-zer 1200/12000

gone 2003 Chev 4x4 5.3 Extended cab
gone 1991 Award Classic 30
owenssailor is offline   Reply With Quote