Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-11-2016, 10:10 PM   #11
Originally Posted by rb2boxer View Post
Does anyone have this type of hitch and if so, thoughts? I am a huge Equalizer fan but the dealership I am looking to buy an Eagle from is saying this is far superior. He wants to charge me $800 for the Equalizer when I can get it from RV Wholesalers for $458. He won't install if I don't buy from them
I haven't read through all the posts but I have the R3 on my 25BHS WH and it works great! No sway at all from big rigs going by or heavy cross winds driving through eastern WA. The dealer only had the R3 when I bought the trailer so that is what I got but after a couple of months they started selling the R6 version. If I had a choice I would of got the R6 for convenience of the adjusting the sway control with the alan wrench. However great product and I have had no problems with tight turns it backs up jack knifed into a campsite when the sway control is engaged. I probably should loosen it up when I get out and scope out my surroundings at the campsite and see if there is any difference backing up but so far no problems. You do have to have the pins on the arms lined up to the brackets perfectly or it's a pain in the arse. But I have it dialed in and all I do is lower the trailer onto the ball, lock the TT, power up the tongue jack to lift up the back end of the truck a little, and the bars swing on with ease and I don't have to use the arm thing to lift the bars up onto the platform to lock the pins in. Then I lower the TT back down finish the hookup and off I go

Hope this helps anyone wanting to buy one. I hear a lot about the equalizer but never had one since this is my first TT. I believe they have the market on WDH's that people buy them cause most dealers have them. But I'm a greenhorn and can't comment much further on the competition.

2016 25BHS White Hawk 2016 F-150 Lariat V-6 ECO-BEAST (Ruby Red) Max tow package & Recurve R-3 WD hitch. Can't forget the dog "Olive" all black lab :)
Dropnaduece is offline   Reply With Quote