Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2017, 02:39 PM   #21

I was thinking about limited water on the solo trip where you would haul the ATV. I assume if you have 3 guys that there is a second vehicle for the ATVs. It isn't as big of a deal having the full water tanks. Just if you are trying to haul a lot of other stuff in the truck.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2017, 03:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennister View Post
I was thinking about limited water on the solo trip where you would haul the ATV. I assume if you have 3 guys that there is a second vehicle for the ATVs. It isn't as big of a deal having the full water tanks. Just if you are trying to haul a lot of other stuff in the truck.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yep, that's the trade-off there. If I need the ATV in the truck I would be alone. Much less food, gear and water would be needed.

If there are three of us the ATV and the heavy gear could go in the second vehicle.
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:09 PM   #23

For what it's worth at this point, here are the stickers on the TT:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1367.jpg   IMG_1368.jpg  
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:28 AM   #24
Lost in the Woods

If you pack carefully when camping, you will probably be close on your weight ratings but should be able to stay under them.

Your issue with putting your ATV in the box will be your Rear Axle Weight Rating (RAWR). A good WD hitch will shift up to a couple hundred pounds to the front axle of the TV and back onto the trailer axles, however your ATV will be 600+ lbs directly on your rear axle. You will likely be over your RAWR and it will be up to you to decide how comfortable you are with that and how far you will be travelling.

Tongue weight can vary considerably depending on what you put in the front pass-through on the BH trailers or whether you put heavier stuff under rear bunk and the TW scale will help you make packing adjustments in the driveway and still make sure sure the TW will be in the 12-13% range.

For unserviced camping, I carry a couple of blue hard plastic 6 gallon water Jerry cans that have short spouts that make is super easy to pour into our 84 gallon fresh water tank. 12 gallons will give you 12 navy showers or 3 scrape the camping dirt off kids outdoor showers.
Ottawasteve is offline   Reply With Quote