Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzeller View Post
I haven't read the entire thread so I apologize if this has been suggested already, but the new Titan XD seems to be a nice fit between a 1500 and 2500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tell ya, that thing looks to be a contender! Interested to see how it performs!

Equal-I-Zer™ WDH
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:37 PM   #62

I looked at the Titans and equipped equally a Ram 2500 would be less expensive, especially since they almost won't deal on the Titan... Seems it's too new, and they say the demand is too high. However, I've only seen 2 that weren't still on their lots. Beautiful truck... no doubt about it.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:41 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWP723 View Post
I tell ya, that thing looks to be a contender! Interested to see how it performs!
I agree! My plan was to purchase one, however, Nissan delayed the release another month or two than originally expected which "forced" me into purchasing my 2015 Duramax. I recently test drove the Titan XD for kicks and really liked it. I trailer a Jayco 314BHDS which is almost 10K loaded. I had a half ton that struggled mightily with it so the upgrade was necessary, but I would've been extremely happy with the Titan XD, especially the price point they're at right now new vs. what I paid for a used Duramax with 50K miles. Don't get me wrong, I love, love the power of my Duramax, but I'd love more the extra $!0K in my bank account since the Titan XD would've met my needs.
bzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:51 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzeller View Post
I agree! My plan was to purchase one, however, Nissan delayed the release another month or two than originally expected which "forced" me into purchasing my 2015 Duramax. I recently test drove the Titan XD for kicks and really liked it. I trailer a Jayco 314BHDS which is almost 10K loaded. I had a half ton that struggled mightily with it so the upgrade was necessary, but I would've been extremely happy with the Titan XD, especially the price point they're at right now new vs. what I paid for a used Duramax with 50K miles. Don't get me wrong, I love, love the power of my Duramax, but I'd love more the extra $!0K in my bank account since the Titan XD would've met my needs.
While the Titan may have had no issue towing your 314, from what some have posted regarding the payload numbers you may have been over pending the family weight and what you load in the truck bed when towing (coolers, firewood, etc).

I would have to find the thread over on woodalls.com to confirm, but I think it was posted the diesel only had about 1700lbs payload per the yellow sticker.

For the right person, definitely could end up being a good tv.

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 02:52 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I looked at the Titans and equipped equally a Ram 2500 would be less expensive, especially since they almost won't deal on the Titan... Seems it's too new, and they say the demand is too high. However, I've only seen 2 that weren't still on their lots. Beautiful truck... no doubt about it.
Hmmm, I've not in the last 9-10 months at 2500's, but when I was doing my research on various forums, Auto Trader, etc a loaded RAM, Duramax, or F250 seemed to list around $70K and you could purchase in the low $60s. I heard of some guys breaking $60K, but those were somewhat rare or a special deal. When I test drove the Titan XD a couple weeks ago, a loaded version like the Pro-4X was listing around mid-50s and they were knocking ~$10K off immediately without any negotiation. I buy all my trucks with leather, 4x4, air-conditioned seats (I live in TX), and all the pertinent stuff that goes with that as I spend a lot of time driving in my job. I was only looking at the Cummins as well.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
While the Titan may have had no issue towing your 314, from what some have posted regarding the payload numbers you may have been over pending the family weight and what you load in the truck bed when towing (coolers, firewood, etc).

I would have to find the thread over on woodalls.com to confirm, but I think it was posted the diesel only had about 1700lbs payload per the yellow sticker.

For the right person, definitely could end up being a good tv.
Yeah, so the payload is more on the 1/2 ton truck side of things, but there are reasons for that. I found this article pretty interesting as it discusses some of the trade offs Nissan had to make - 2016 Nissan Titan XD – Towing with the 5/8-Ton Truck. Bottom line, the truck isn't a replacement for a 3/4 ton, but if you find yourself wanting/needing a little more than a 1/2 ton offers the XD is a nice option.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:23 PM   #67

Found the Titan thread. It is an SV model that was purchased, which from what was posted is a little lower model options wise, and a 2wd truck. It has 2000lbs of payload per the sticker. So not as bad as I recall.

Loaded up with 4wd would probably end up being in the 16-1700lbs of payload, or even a little less.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:37 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
Found the Titan thread. It is an SV model that was purchased, which from what was posted is a little lower model options wise, and a 2wd truck. It has 2000lbs of payload per the sticker. So not as bad as I recall.

Loaded up with 4wd would probably end up being in the 16-1700lbs of payload, or even a little less.
Yeah, I responded to your post, but linked a URL that I think they're having a moderator review. Anyway, interesting article on The Truth About Cars as to what Nissan borrowed from 3/4 ton and 1/2 ton features. For instance, the frame, engine, tranny, and axle are all 3/4 - 1 ton products all mated to what is essentially a 1/2 ton suspension. Interesting that you get the Aisin tranny on the XD, which I believe is the same tranny you get on the 3500 RAM!

And you're right, Pro4X payload is 1700 lbs.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:47 PM   #69

Interesting on the "pending post"....

I have read the Titan XD has a lot beefier running gear vs the "normal" 1500. Sounds like it could be a contender, and the Big 3 better figure out if there is a demand for a truck like this. Be nice if a well equipped 4wd crew cab would have 2000lbs of payload.

Old 10-05-2016, 05:57 AM   #70

Either truck will do the job. The diesel will give you better fuel economy and power but the gas engine is bullet proof. If the money doesn't matter, I would go with the diesel. I have had two Chevy's, a 2500 Duramax and currently have a 3500 dually diesel and love the power the diesel's have. With the weight you are pulling you could technically get away with a half ton gas. Good luck!

Cinci002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2500, diesel, gas