Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2014, 01:16 PM   #11
Originally Posted by eldermike View Post
Pictures would help here. You can do any and everything and still have negative results if you are pulling the trailer high in the front. Setup needs to end up with proper weight transfer to the front end and still be slightly low in the front of trailer.
When you change one thing and it affects the other thing. You added weight to the TV front end which raised the back of the TV and the front of the trailer. You need to add weight to the front while keeping the trailer slightly low in the front.

It's all a guess without seeing it.

I see your point, makes sense. Trailer was level before the
link change, but may be nose high now. Truck is definitely
higher in the rear. You might have hit the nail on the head!

2015 RAM 2500 CTD CC/LB
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS
Reese Dual Cam
campingn.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:29 AM   #12
I'm towing a 2009 32BHDS with our '99 Chevy 1500 EXSB 4x4. I'm using the Reese 1200 WD. No dual cam or sway control of any kind. The first several times I pulled it I had issues with sway - not to be unexpected given the truck. After a couple of pulls I swapped out the rear springs for a set off a 2500HD. That helped, but still a bit. I kept working with the bars and hitch head and finally got it pulling pretty good now. I can pull it at 65 MPH and barely know it is back there until I hit a hill and have to give it more gas. I'm now going through the same process with a Coachmen camper that mom bought this summer. Empty it pulled great with my 750 lb bars. Loaded they didn't work at all. So the next time I pulled it I used my 1000 lb bars. Pulled better, but still not great. Yesterday I readjusted the hitch and made it better, but it still isn't as stable as our Jayco with my 1200 lb bars. Yes, I have 3 different WD setups - 4 WD hitch heads.

1999 Silverado 1500 ECSB 4x4 5.3/3.73s
2009 Jayco 32BHDS
jwstewar is offline   Reply With Quote