Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-21-2014, 09:37 AM   #11

Your analysis is just about like mine and it looks like you have plenty of truck. I have no first hand experience, but everything I have heard about the 7.3 PSD is positive. I was talking to a guy who is doing a conversion of an Econoline van to a dually that has the 7.3 PSD and he says it is a monster.

My truck had a class IV receiver; I second your thought on a replacing your receiver.

I figured everything conservatively and chose to round up rather than down. I did not find much difference in price by going up one step. I would think you'll want the 14K for your tongue weight.

I have heard the Reese dual-cam and blue-ox work quite well. As far as the HA and PP go, my personal choice was to invest that money in the trailer suspension itself and a tire pressure monitoring system.

2012 Ram 2500 CC CTD
2015 Jayco Jayflight 28BHBE
RUSSELL5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #12
I already owned the 12K equalizer when we got our 338RLTS. The specs call for the 14K but we have had zero issues with the 12K so no need to upgrade.

No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar. Abraham Lincoln

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #13
I have a trunion style reese dual cam hitch and love the way it tows. I towed twice with just the WD bars (RV dealer didn't order the dual cam up front). Night and day difference w/ the cams installed.

my hitch is the 6 year old "old" style that had issues that have since been resolved by Cequent (reese parent co.)
- Trunion bars contacted threads on hitch ball during jack knife turns damaging my hitch head. Cequent mailed me a new design hitch head (free).
- Cam bars were not tucked under the frame enough causing my snap up braket and cam bar to bend. I had adjusted my bar tension WAY to high. Cequent sent new parts free. New design cams eliminated this problem.

2010 RAM 2500 CCLB (12,500# tow rating)
2008 JF 26BHS (9300# GVWR)
Reese dual cam w/1000# bars.

tjpolsin is offline   Reply With Quote