Great job dialing in the HP Dual Cam, and good move on checking the spring bar "centering" over the cam surface after making adjustments. Glad to hear that you can "feel" the difference towing with the HP Dual Cam, most users state the same thing once one gets the product dialed in.
It might just be terminology, but I have a couple of questions/thoughts:
* I assume that your chain link adjustment from 7 to 6 links are the links "under tension".
* Are your round spring bars close to being parallel with your TT frame at 6 links under tension?
* You stated; "but knew the front needed more weight"..., did your TV's front fender height drop a little more (closer to it's unhitched height) when you went from the 7 to 6 chain links under tension?
* I wonder what was "binding" that wouldn't allow the cam arm yoke to swing away freely from the spring bar when set at 7 links under tension...., could it have been the spring bar "wedged" between the side-flanges on the cam?
* Is your ball mount still tilted all the way forward (toward TV) as you mentioned in a prior post?
Forgive me in asking so many questions, but I just want to make sure I don't misinterpret anything, and I'm trying to get a mental picture of what your end result looks like.
Thanks in advance