Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2015, 07:50 PM   #1

Jack T plate axle hanger adjustments

Has anyone adjusted the axles up or down? My 2008 eagle has the Jack T plates with three holes adjustment on the outside spring hanger and only two on the middle hanger. If you move the outside position holes when do you move the middle bracket position since it only has two positions and outside has three?

My current set up on the hangers are in the lowest setting or in the hole closest to the trailers frame making trailer in its lowest riding position.
Just purchased new TV 2500 HD 4/4 so truck is high in stance. It's a short bed so pullrite slider is new hitch. Only had 4-5 inches to TV rails so I dropped the pin box down as low as I could so I could try to get 6inches or more clearance. i have basically 6 in front and as I move back 5.5 or close to 1/2 inch difference. I am thinking of moving the current axle settings to its highest riding position to get the most clearance I can between rails. But depending on level position of trailer if I move to middle hole position what do you set the middle hanger to?

Thanks all.