Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2017, 12:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan222 View Post
It was 8 weeks from time I ordered.
Love the new truck, just need to get familiar with all the new features.
Not bad at all. 8 weeks would be perfect.

My dealer thinks I might have my Vin Number by next Friday. I missed the cut off last week by 1 day.

Ford sucks in all the new orders on Wednesday night, each week.

I had more leverage on our trade in with the factory order because our dealer didn't disclose to us that the truck we were buying had a recall out on it. I called Ford about the recall since the dealer was trying to sugar coat the problem, and found out they aren't even releasing parts until late June or July. Was not acceptable to me to take delivery on a dealer stock unit that was build last October, just to have it sitting on the lot for another potential 3 or 4 months.

So, I told him to cancel our contract on the in stock truck, and did a factory order that should show up sooner than the recall would have been addressed by. Legally, they can't sell a vehicle that has a recall on it, so this is a Win / Win for both of us. I really hate waiting, but it should go pretty fast.

Your truck looks awesome. Enjoy! I was going to get that same color, but it's so close to our 150's paint job, my wife talked me into getting something different this time. We went with the 'Blue Jeans' blue. We also ordered those marker lights on the roof like you did. Seems the dealer stock around here only puts those on the dualies and I think the more lights, the better. My big splurge for upgrades were the LED headlights and sun roof.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:58 PM   #22

bansi- Good Luck with the order, the 8 weeks went by quick, once you get your vin, FORD has a couple sites that you may be able to track your vehicles order.

I really liked my 150, but I have to say they did an awesome job with the 17 super duty and am glad I went with the 350 each time I drive it.

DW,DS,DD and Riley (Goldendoodle)
dan222 is offline   Reply With Quote