Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2016, 03:23 PM   #11
Cool Hitch

Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
I was always told they would quiet down with use but I've never had that be the case. My first friction sway bar came with the advise from the dealer "If it sounds awful then it's working". I've heeded that advise ever since. I still remove mine when backing up because the manual said to and the noise distracts me when I'm focusing on not hitting things. I know lots of people don't but when I'm listening and watching for any sign of trouble while backing into a small spot I don't need that grinding, popping sound lol
I remove my friction control when backing up because the manual said you could damage it by backing up with it on, I guess if over extended or under extended too far. Grease the hitch ball or fifth wheel grease it. Metal on metal needs lube.

My load leveling hitch is not noisy and with the sway control it works wonders. I can pass the big rigs or they can pass me and no sway, without it sways.

Doboy Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:41 PM   #12
I guess I've been lucky, never had sway control and never once felt I needed it. In wind, passing Trucks ect, never felt the TT sway. I do spray a light coat of lithium grease in the receiver before hooking up, never had any squealing either. Living a blessed life Hearing the squealing of the ball or the sway control only happens at midnight when the loon next to me who lives two hours away, finally shows up and jars the whole campground awake. Wishing I could do more than spray his ball with grease at that point

2011 Toyota Tundra double cab
2015 27RLS
wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:00 PM   #13
I usually put axel grease on ball and weight bars, anyone else use the recurve i got a old school 10k 1200bar hitch, works ok but was thinking about upgrading to a better system.

2016 Jay Flight 287 BHSW
2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 crewmax TRD
texanrebel is offline   Reply With Quote