Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-14-2015, 07:57 AM   #1

Mud Flaps for 2015 GMC

I have found that the running boards on my new GMC 3500 have become mud "catchers" without front mud flaps installed. Then I get the mud on my shoes as I get into the truck and voila the floor of my truck collects all the mud!
I hate to drill holes to install new mud flaps so I am looking at the weathertech which advertise no drilling. Problem is, the site has installation instructions for all other trucks but not the 2015 GMC HD. Anyone install these on their 2015 GMC 2500/3500 HD? Chevy installation is different because GMC has the liner around the wheel well opening.
KYCAMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:25 AM   #2

Although mine is 2014 I installed the weather tech mud flaps. They use the screws that hold the liner on in the front. In the back they squeeze the fender lip and have a plastic catch on the bottom. The install with no drilling. The only downside is the actual mud flaps could be a little longer. I'm thinking of adding a little extension off the bottom of the mud flap.
05 f150 5.4 v8 (sold)
nwminnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:28 AM   #3

I just installed new mud flaps from duraflap.com. I ordered extra long for front and back. Am very happy with them, eliminates rocks for the most part while cruising down gravel road. They seem durable too. They were predrilled and came with stainless steel mounting hardware. I have ram but I'm sure they would have something for GMC as well. I tried them because I didn't want to drill either, good product.
bcmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:46 AM   #4

Did the installation require any of the clips? I have used clips before and they scratch the paint and risk exposure for rust.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:43 PM   #5

They send clips in the kit, but I didn't need them. My plastic wheel well liner rests on top of fender steel, the steel is lipped down all around to meet with plastic. The clips are in there from factory, but are sort of hidden. Just take the factory screw out, and the new one threads in and tightens securely. I was pleased with how simple install was.
bcmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #6

Just got mine installed. Purchased the weathertech. Installation was a snap and the mudflaps see to be pretty good quality. You're right about the length. They seem a little short but then I haven't driven in any rain or mud yet. My main concern was to keep the mud off the running boards and to minimize rock and mud throwing back to the TT. What did you have in mind for adding extensions?