Originally Posted by Pierre
snip..... am I ok to use the old ones? I was going to try both and see which one was better...am I ok to safely do that?
The different spring ratings are designed to accommodate the different "loaded" tongue weight ranges of the different trailers. Most common WDH spring bar ratings are 600lbs, 800lbs, 1,000lbs, 1,200lbs, 1,500lbs, etc., and in some cases the spring bar style (round or trunnion bar) may determine how high the rating. Ideally one doesn't want the spring bar rating to fall below the TT's "loaded" tongue weight (ignore dry weights).
If you could provide the following information it would be helpful in responding to your question about your 2008 LGT 30U TT:
* Have you ever weighed your TT under "loaded" conditions?
* What is the brand and model number of the WDH that came with the TT?
* What is the spring bar weight rating stamped/tagged on the product?
* Has the WDH been adjusted correctly with "your" loaded TV (not the prior owner's TV adjustments)?
* Photos of your old WDH, and existing TT WDH would be helpful.
Thanks in advance,