Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-11-2016, 08:41 AM   #11
The difference is going to be night and day. The EcoBoost makes 420 ft-lbs of torque, peaked at 2500rpm. And if you look at the torque curve, it's extremely flat which means you have 90% of that from 1800rpm all the way up past 4000rpm (which you will rarely ever see unless you want to). This thing will climb hills in 6th gear at 1500rpms without downshifting. When you're towing that trailer, you'll be able to cruise comfortably in 6th gear in near silence. The low down torque is just awesome. I recommend using 91 octane when towing for optimal power, but you don't have to, especially when towing on the lighter side of what it's capable of. I run 91 all summer.

2013 F-150 EcoBoost MaxTow
2013 Jay Flight 28BHS Elite

"My wheel lugs require more torque than your Honda makes!"
SkyBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:46 AM   #12
Originally Posted by SkyBound View Post
The payload on the sticker factors in a full tank of fuel and 150lbs for the driver. You will have lots of left over room weight wise with that truck. There are mods you can do which will improve your towing such as LT rated tires (highly recommended) and rear suspension upgrades as well, but nothing you can do will change your payload. That number is basically set in stone. You have the right idea that anything you add will take away from that number. Once you get everything into your truck and all your mods, you can take it to a scale, weigh it as it sits (with you in it) and subtract that from your GVWR. That will give you a realistic idea of how much extra cargo carrying capacity you have left.

You certainly picked the right truck for the job. You will be well within all specifications.

Originally Posted by Force View Post
Beautiful looking truck, really like the blue
To my eye, Ford is the only one who can pull off that color just right. Beautiful truck!

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote