Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2017, 11:57 AM   #41

Here is an image of my view using my tow mirrors. I was stopped for a traffic light in road construction, you can see everything behind me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170529_131229.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	31946

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:03 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
X2 on the McKeesh Mirrors! Best on the market that I ever found.

The ONLY problem that I ever had with them was because of the door contour of a previous vehicle, the strap had about a 4" length that it ran within ⅛" of the door before making full contact. The mirror held snug with no problems, but at highway speed, a slight vibration of the strap, and the air moving between the strap and the door caused a harmonic (like a giant saxophone) that was deafening inside the vehicle! Called McKeesh, and the offered two solutions: Slip a small sponge or washcloth into that gap area before tightening strap, or put a single full twist in the strap before attaching and tightening. Both solutions worked!
Truckers put a twist in tie down straps for the same reason.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:13 PM   #43

You are correct, there are no extended mirrors for a Ridgeline. I bought a set and they were junk then I bought a set from McKesh. They work well I just wish that the actual mirror was larger. I have a 2010 Ridgeline and a 2014 Jayco X23B it is all the truck wants.
jayco man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:26 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
We give up Nothing fits the Ridgeline well.
We tow with a Honda Pilot which has the same mirrors as a Ridgeline. I've used the CIPA Universal Towing Mirrors for the four years we've had our trailer. They work quite well. Typically I like to put them on the night before and let them relax a bit over night and then retighten the straps in the morning before starting out. I marked mine port and starboard so I don't have to readjust the angle of the mirrors so much.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:32 PM   #45

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKGperson View Post
Four wheel drive comes in handy when you least expect it. I was recently on a camping trip in Weott, California for the Avenue Of The Giants Half Marathon. They had us park on a sand bar on the edge of the river. Most of the cars seemed to do fine on the loose gravel but I needed to shift into 4x4 to pull through the area because the truck bed was empty and there wasn't enough weight on the rear wheels.

Ken
I'll never own a non 4X4 either, nothing against them, but I have also had so many situations where having it saved me, either kept me from getting stuck, or kept form tearing up someone's grass. With mine being a 250, ford also uses the manual hubs too, so if you just need to use low-range, and don't like the binding, just don't lock the hubs. Also never seen a notable difference in fuel mileage between two exact trucks one with and one without.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2017, 04:39 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahM View Post
I'll never own a non 4X4 either, nothing against them, but I have also had so many situations where having it saved me, either kept me from getting stuck, or kept form tearing up someone's grass. With mine being a 250, ford also uses the manual hubs too, so if you just need to use low-range, and don't like the binding, just don't lock the hubs. Also never seen a notable difference in fuel mileage between two exact trucks one with and one without.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I actually used it parking at the cemetery for the Memorial Day observances. Had to sort of bump up over an 8" ridge in the grass - easier to put it in 4h than to try and take a run at it in reverse and hit it at a higher than safe speed. Pickups just don't have great traction when they aren't carrying a load.

2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 Super Crew 3.5L Ecoboost
2017 Jay Feather X213
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote