Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2017, 08:42 PM   #41
msb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherFam View Post
The Sumo helpers are easy to install. They contribute about 150-200 lbs. of support. Since I am siting right at my max payload, they do engage and help out. The truck sags and bounces less under load. The front Sumo helpers are the exact same item and they fit and install the same. I put the front on about three years ago; they look good and perform well (hardly any roll or chucking). I paid $128 for the rear set.

I do not really notice much difference with the Bilsteins. I pulled the OE shocks, and remarkably they were still pretty firm (after 75K). I found the Bilsteins for $75/each and decided to go for it. Doing the work myself made it much more economical, and I know that the work was done right. Plus it gave me an opportunity to inspect and clean my chassis and suspension.

I do not have pictures of the Firestone Work Rites. They replace the factory bump stops. They are much beefier and substantial. They engage progressively under load. Even without the Sumo coil helps, I noticed the Work Rites contributions to my loaded travel. I think the combination will keep me out of air bags, as long as we do not get any heavier. With the WDH, the truck is very stable on the road. Of course, we maintain safe towing speeds (55-65mph) and go easy on grades.
Thanks for all the info! Going to see how I end up with a few adjustments to my Equalizer and go from there. The Sumo stuff looks great, simple and not a ton of $, which is nice, cuz this is all really adding up! Appreciate the pics and details.

Tags
1500, dodge, ram, truck