Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2017, 09:21 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
Haven't owned the SC model, only the Dual Cam. Looked very closely at the SC, but in talking with Reese about our 32 purchase and expecting at least 1300lbs + for the tw, the tech highly suggested to go with the Dual Cam model. One being it is better at preventing/controlling sway, and the wd bars could be swapped to 1700lb ones if my tw exceeded the 1500lb bars.

I was back and forth up to that point though.

The brake pad type material would be nice as it is replaceable if ever needed, BUT I have not heard of anyone wearing out the L brackets on the Equal-I-Zer model that has metal on metal.

Either model is an excellent choice. The Reese does allow the different rated bars to be swapped out while still using the same hitch head. The Equal-I-Zer does not, requiring a whole new system to be purchased if you buy a different trailer. But the Equal-I-Zer is made in the US while the Reese is no longer unless something has changed recently, which I doubt.

Do know that either system does make noise when turning!!! It is normal and the last thing you want to do is grease where the bars contact the L brackets. That would completely defeat the sway control, or the majority of it anyway!!!
Just got off the phone with Reese, and then with the trailer dealer's service manager. Dealer is telling me to go with 800 lb. bars, Reese tech service with 1200 lb. bars. The trailer GVWR is 6280 so I want to be prepared for a hitch weight of 900 lbs. at the heaviest. To me it looks like the 800's are too light but I don't know anything. When I told the dealer service manager Reese recommends 1200's he said "they're wrong". To make a short story sad I got the salesman back on the phone, ordered the 1200's, and ended the conversation with him saying "well, the customer is always right". Geez.
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote