Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2016, 01:54 PM   #1

Reese Revolution / Sidewinder hitch recommendations / poll

Thought it might be nice to have kinda of a poll type thread with hitch recommendations for the Reese Revolution and to hear what everyone else is using..... To benefit people like myself who will soon be picking up a trailer with the Reese Revolution factory installed, and don't already have a hitch. I'm supposed to be picking up my trailer the end of April and I still don't have a hitch. I have been racking my brain trying to make a darn decision, and spending way to many hours scouring through threads. I have So far the options I have considered are:

B&W RVK3600
Titan 16k/20k (in my case I would be using the picture fram adapter for my ram puck system)
Reese Elite (in my case RP30160 inbound from Amazon for a smoking deal) Not dead set on that being my final choice.

It seems that those three are the best options from everything I have read.
mtedelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:49 PM   #2

I have the Titan 20k. It was designed for the Revolution to work well with it. It's also completely rubber isolated and has a full jaw. It's a nice hitch.

In my case, I didn't need the 20k version but got it so it'll be heavy enough for any trailer I may buy in the future. It also comes with a poly glide plate factory installed which is nice and it's only like $30 bucks more expensive. Downside is it is quite a bit heavier. I kind of regret going with the 20k every time I have to move it. It's a heavy pig. I also use the picture frame adapter in my Ram which isn't exactly light either. When I remove or install it, I remove the head of the hitch / then the frame of the hitch / then the picture frame adapter. It's kind of a pain to be honest and it's all heavy but it does all work well together.
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
I have the Titan 20k. It was designed for the Revolution to work well with it. It's also completely rubber isolated and has a full jaw. It's a nice hitch.

In my case, I didn't need the 20k version but got it so it'll be heavy enough for any trailer I may buy in the future. It also comes with a poly glide plate factory installed which is nice and it's only like $30 bucks more expensive. Downside is it is quite a bit heavier. I kind of regret going with the 20k every time I have to move it. It's a heavy pig. I also use the picture frame adapter in my Ram which isn't exactly light either. When I remove or install it, I remove the head of the hitch / then the frame of the hitch / then the picture frame adapter. It's kind of a pain to be honest and it's all heavy but it does all work well together.
Ok, awesome and thanks for the info. I will also need to use the picture frame adapter. Any issues with the extra 2" in height caused by the adapter? Is the connection between the adapter and hitch pretty solid or is there play in it?
Old 04-13-2016, 11:00 PM   #4

The hitch is adjustable on height so the added height from the adapter is no issue. Most hitches will have plenty of adjustment so I doubt it would be an issue no matter the brand.

As for play, there is none. If I had a complaint about my set up, it's that with the keyway of the Revolution things need to be lined up pretty accurately or you will not be able to get the hitch to lock close. A little practice though and it's no big deal.

With the rubber damped hitch, I've not noticed any more chucking or bouncing than any other hitch. Granted I've never been in one of the high end air hitches but I have ridden in trucks with air pin boxes and solid hitches and I don't think it's any worse. I think the Titan hitch and the 5th Airborne Sidewinder would be the cats ass, but the standard Revolution and Titan combo still works well.
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
The hitch is adjustable on height so the added height from the adapter is no issue. Most hitches will have plenty of adjustment so I doubt it would be an issue no matter the brand.

As for play, there is none. If I had a complaint about my set up, it's that with the keyway of the Revolution things need to be lined up pretty accurately or you will not be able to get the hitch to lock close. A little practice though and it's no big deal.

With the rubber damped hitch, I've not noticed any more chucking or bouncing than any other hitch. Granted I've never been in one of the high end air hitches but I have ridden in trucks with air pin boxes and solid hitches and I don't think it's any worse. I think the Titan hitch and the 5th Airborne Sidewinder would be the cats ass, but the standard Revolution and Titan combo still works well.
Awesome and thanks again!! Looks like this might be the way to go.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:36 PM   #6

I have an older Hidden Hitch 18k, and last night when I hooked up I had no issues but I did make sure that I was straight on with the hitch and that I was the right height. I have the universal wedge installed and sprayed the wedge back of pin and hitch with white lithium grease before I hooked up and like I said it was smooth.
2015 F250 Lariat 6.7 diesel
Camping_J is offline   Reply With Quote