Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-27-2016, 09:15 PM   #1

Revolution Pin Box Confusion

My new Eagle HT 28.5 was delivered with a Reese Revolution Pin Box. My dealer is st to install a Curt Q20 hitch in my 2015 Dodge 3500 SB. In my research I am finding that the pin box is not compatible with the Curt hitch. I opted to not go with a slider since I have read that the pin box gives adequate space for maneuvering the vehicle. I have checked the dimensions per the Reese website and clearance does not appear to bean issue.

My question is what is the recommended non sliding 5th Wheel hitch to use with the Reese Revolution pin box. I have went back and forth with the Camping World sales staff and they have not been any help.

Any thoughts, ideas or keen words of RVer's wisdom will be appreciated.
KampK2onWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:23 PM   #2

A Reese hitch is an obvious choice. I have a Reese 20k Titan that is rubber damped and was designed to work well with the keyway on the pinbox. The 16k version is the same but the a bit lighter duty.

I believe B&W and and few others are approved for use as well.

if I were a betting man, I'd guess the reason some hitches aren't approved with the Revolution is simply they would allow too much play in the mouth of the hitch plate allowing the pinbox to rotate some while in use. This would be bad. The keyway should make a fairly tight fit into the mouth of the hitch so it doesn't rotate at all.

Also, a slider is not needed with a Revolution pinbox. My short bed Ram has lots of extra clearance without a slider.
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:27 AM   #3

B&W Patriot is approved. Get the hitch specific wedge for it, not the supplied universal. Patriot is a great hitch.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:17 AM   #4

Appreciate the information. Have confirmed with Curt Manufacturing that the pin box is not compatible with their hitches. They did say in a couple weeks they will be introducing a new line of hitches that will be compatible with the Reese Revolution pin box. I want our trailer so I don't think I will wait for the new hitch to come out since it sounds like others are available.
KampK2onWheels is offline   Reply With Quote