Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2016, 08:44 AM   #11
If you are having stability issues, first thing I would look at is your setup. You don't mention what the payload of your F150 or weights of your trailer. They are quite a few forum members that are towing the 28BHBE with properly equipped half tons without issue, myself included. If your packing habits require a 350/3500 and your are willing to pay the additional expense of a diesel, you'll love the extra 400 ft/lbs of torque when towing, but trading your new F150 unnecessarily can be an expensive proposition. Stability issues, when towing within specs with a new F150, are the result of not having an adequate hitch and/or an improper setup.

2015 Eagle 284BHBE

2010 Ford F150 XLT 5.4 Maxtow, Coverking Seat Covers, Putco LED interiors, Kenwood DNX571TR GPS, Kicker Powerstage, Weathertech Floor Mats and Window Vents, Line-X, Firestone Airbags, Michelin LTX-MS2, LivewireTS 5 Star tuned, Propride 3P
Ottawasteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:22 AM   #12
Without going into too much detail, the good news is I don't need to sell or trade the F150 to make this happen - it will stay in the family. I'll actually be coming off lease on another family vehicle and then just replace it with a new HD TV. Short answer is I am finding that actual tongue weight, plus 2 large labs, 2 growing kids, and everyone's junk in the truck is pushing payload at or likely beyond where they should be. Also, I think you are right about the hitch - I am re-evaluating that now. However, I just want to be in a place to tow this trailer without any worries.

LittleLuth is offline   Reply With Quote