Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2016, 09:24 AM   #1

Side view mirrors

Hello, new to the forum, picking up our Jayfeather7 16XRB this week and had a question regarding tow mirrors. It seems some people have been having difficulty with fitting mirrors for the Jeep Grand Cherokee and before I went out and dropped $$ on mirrors I wanted to get some thoughts here.

The GC is 77" wide and the trailer is 85" wide so only about 4" of overhang each side, plus the awning on the passenger side. At those dimensions would the mirrors provide any benefit?

In addition, it appears that the law in my state says that mirrors cannot extend more than 6" beyond the TV or load (trailer), so any extension would have to be within that dimension.
Ryan&Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:31 AM   #2

Here is one brand called Grand Aero. Similar to what I have.

Grand Aero Clip-On Towing Mirrors - 2 Per Box-pplmotorhomes.com

Here is what I have and they are big enough. Believe me, they stay on until you take them off. Had mine for 4 years now. I have my round bar set down (photo shows it up) so this mirror is aligned with my regular Expedition mirrors.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...set-of-2/86645

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:27 PM   #3

I'v been using the Fit System Universal Clip-ons and have been very satisfied; sturdy, stable and no noise.

wan-der-lust's YouTube Channel and Instagram

wanderlust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAurand View Post
Here is one brand called Grand Aero. Similar to what I have.

Grand Aero Clip-On Towing Mirrors - 2 Per Box-pplmotorhomes.com

Here is what I have and they are big enough. Believe me, they stay on until you take them off. Had mine for 4 years now. I have my round bar set down (photo shows it up) so this mirror is aligned with my regular Expedition mirrors.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...set-of-2/86645
I was using Cipa's until RAurand turned me on to the Grand Aero's. Much better. The Cipa's look much nicer but these are way more functional. Other than going stock factory tow mirrors ($$$$$$) these are the next best thing.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #5

My husband order cheap Tow n See mirrors for our Grand Cherokee to pick up our trailer. They worked perfect with good visibility. We have since purchase another TV and we are still using them until we decide on something better.

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:37 AM   #6

https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-DM-29...ilenco+mirrors

I tried different brands of mirrors that have the straps and could not get them to secure properly. I now have the grand aero 3 towing mirrors.

They do vibrate some what but are adjustable in width and work well on my Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I think it depends on what model of tow vehicle you have, the shape of the mirrors, that will determine what mirrors work for you.

No one makes the clamshell snap on mirrors for my JGC. I would have preferred that style.
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelCool View Post
My husband order cheap Tow n See mirrors for our Grand Cherokee to pick up our trailer. They worked perfect with good visibility. We have since purchase another TV and we are still using them until we decide on something better.
I have the same ones. They use a suction cup and hold pretty well. I found that wetting the suction cup a little with a damp paper towel really helps the suction. I used them on my Grand Cherokee and now on the Commander. They work well and haven't had a reason to go with anything different. Be sure to get the convex mirrors, not the flat mirror. I bought both types and the convex works way better.
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-25668-C.../dp/B00480841K