Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2017, 04:23 PM   #1

Sway Command removed by CW, now no brakes or lights

Long story short...have had nothing but trouble from Camping World and Jayco involving the Sway Command recall with our Jayflight. They didn't do the removal correct the first time from CW, so they actually sent a guy out to remove the head unit (showed up with no tools by the way). First time to hook up the trailer and get ready to leave this week, and found out when hooked up no brakes (brake controller had no effect and said NC) or external lights to the trailer (turn signal lights do work but about it). Checked all the connections and fuses (even hooked up another tow vehicle to make sure it wasn't the problem...same issues. I don't know what to do now. I can't trust Camping World as I've had nothing but trouble with them from the moment we brought it home...and I can't drive it anywhere. I don't know what else to do? Any suggestions.
barneyhousehold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:19 PM   #2

I would be on the horn with CW first thing Monday morning and have them send someone out ASAP to fix it! If they put you off, I would call Jayco direct and get approval to have another RV tech come out.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:22 AM   #3

No return calls

If it were only that easy! So far I've talked to Jayco customer service who said they would call CW and see what's up and call right back...never heard back from Jayco. Called CW again the guy had no clue what was going on...was going to send someone (3rd party who use to work there who is now on there own) and would get back to me by early the next day...still no call. The minute we purchased this Jayco and dealing with camping world has been an absolute nightmare. From not getting any calls back from either one, to the fact that Jayco nor Camping World informed us the recalled part needed removed (after still driving 1000's of miles). At this point if I could I would sell this thing immediately and go to another manufacturer and dealer but can't even get out of the driveway....
Old 05-16-2017, 09:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyhousehold View Post
to the fact that Jayco nor Camping World informed us the recalled part needed removed (after still driving 1000's of miles).
Don't know why your not getting called back, but if the recall occured before you purchased the unit CAMPING WORLD should have taken action. Also if CAMPING WORLD didn't send in any paper work to JAYCO they had no way of knowing who bought that unit for notification.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:52 PM   #5

I know I don't have any faith in the CW near me. I've been there three or four times while redoing the roof on my trailer and the only thing they have had is sealant. Everything else is a 'dealer item'.

Good luck to you!

ROOF REPLACEMENT

PARTIAL FLOOR REPLACEMENT
Scott91370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:47 AM   #6

Never Heard back...

Well...it's been a week and the lady from Jayco that would call me right back with an update never called...and Camping World guy who said he would be working to send out someone to help never called back. Fortunately had a friend who works for an autoshop was able to come out and figure out that the wiring after removing the Sway Command head had been done wrong which is why I didn't have brakes/lights.

So long and short..the customer service from both companies is beyond words. Spent tens of thousands of dollars on a TT and all I got in return was nothing but grief. Won't be using either one of these companies when we upgrade soon to a 5th wheel toy hauler.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Unfortunately it seems that no matter what brand you get, this is just something you can't get away from. A better dealer would be possibly left you feeling a lot better, but unfortunately CW is the worst at after sales service.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk