Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-02-2014, 03:13 PM   #11
Originally Posted by modmatt View Post
I went from stock Goodyear tires on our 1999 Expedition and upgraded to Michelin LTX and had a great experience with them. Such a huge improvement in ride quality, bad weather grip and lower tire volume, they weren't in the same league. Given that Michelin has done the right thing on the latest edition and recalled/replaced them on thier latest version, I would feel good personally about that and not let that go against them, but that is a personal choice.
Michelin makes a good truck tire, unfortunately they're not much for addressing weather cracking of the sidewalls and bead area of their tires. Had to replace 2 LTX/AS2's on my Ram because of deep cracking in the bead area. Dealer inspected them and said sorry, he couldn't do anything as far as adjustment because they were 4 years old. And, I haven't seen a tire as prone to this as bad as Michelin seems to be.

thomasmnile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #12
Hi have a 2008 F-150 towing a 29bhs last summer I put a set of. Tokyo Ltd 275/65R18 open country on our truck. They have work out great a bit expensive but I believe worth it. They have a agresive design but do not have that bad road noise . This was a huge concern for my wife who uses this truck for her daily driver. Also it has performed very well in the snow. I hope that this helps. Good luck.

P.S. they ran about. $214.00 per tire and have a 60,000 tread life

outofhere is offline   Reply With Quote