Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-21-2016, 02:28 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoonie View Post
I've noticed the mirrors do tend to turn up on the early ones. Mine are pretty much straight out. Here's before and after.

Those look good. I think they will help my rear view considerably when towing.
jenoble99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:48 PM   #22

I ordered and installed the mirrors. They stick out about 16" vs 12" with the stock mirrors. I can still get it in and out of it's parking spot easily. I'm not sure that I like the convex mirror on the bottom. It is almost too low even adjusted all the way up. I can use it, just have to move my melon into position instead of a quick glance. The convex would be better on top in my opinion. Other than that, I am satisfied with them. May have to do a quick test tow to see how they work.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:42 PM   #23

The convex mirror took me some time to get used to. Right now, I have it set to see my trailer tires while traveling. I do not move it when not towing, as they were a pain in the rear end to get set just right for looking at the tires.
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71
SMS1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenoble99 View Post
I found a video on youtube that shows how to level them. Looks pretty easy. I will likely level mine using the washer method shown in that video if they are not level.
Thinking I may have seen the same video (early 00s blue extended cab?). At the end, he said something about having a little play after doing that mod, so I just don't know if im willing to chance it. Maybe theres a better way, ive just not taken the time to look at them yet.

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:09 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowtoy View Post
Thinking I may have seen the same video (early 00s blue extended cab?). At the end, he said something about having a little play after doing that mod, so I just don't know if im willing to chance it. Maybe theres a better way, ive just not taken the time to look at them yet.

In the video that I watched it was an early 2k's truck, but it is gray. I don't recall slop after the washer install being mentioned. Mine are actually pretty level so I won't be taking them apart. Maybe it is only an issue on certain model years or with certain mirror manufacturers.