Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-11-2020, 10:18 AM   #3161

If a dude showed up at my house in that white lifted Super Duty to pick up my daughter, I would shake his hand, give him my credit card and tell them to go have a good time!
Old 01-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #3162

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX512 View Post
Hahaha literally put 8 bags of mulch on the windshield and sunroof. Yup I’m that guy. Lol
Funnyyyy, but glad nothing went wrong.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:03 PM   #3163

More

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblast523 View Post
Yesterday heard from FCA. They were asking for sales contract, finance docs and registration. I reminded the re-acquisition agent the registration was in the truck as required by Texas State law, at the dealership. She then explained her request was slightly irregular as she had been trying to get ANYONE in the dealership to respond to e-mail and voice mail since 12/19/19 with no luck. At this point she asked "Don't guess you'd be interested in a replacement, would you?" NO.
Before days end was offered a settlement, for sometime in the near future.

Meanwhile...went to Vroom.com and bought a 2018 Nissan Titan with 15.5k miles.
Just put the FedEx envelope they overnighted to me back in the system with the 16thousand signatures it needed. Hopefully will have it delivered in the next 10 days.

Update: FCA has handed reacquiring the vehicle off to Stericycle, the third party acquisition agent. They (Stericycle) notified me Thursday of all the 'stipulations' of FCA reaquiring the vehicle and a timeline of 7-14 working days. I responded:

"Darcee,
First, the vehicle subject to surrender is at and has been at the dealership continuously since November 8, 2019, and at last report it was inoperable due to removal of the windshield to make repair to damage previously caused by dealership employees in attempting previous (subject) repair. The last time I saw the vehicle, the steering wheel surface was scratched, windshield removed, headliner removed, sun visors both reportedly damaged (during previous repair). There was NO DAMAGE of any kind on any part of the vehicle body, and given the treatment I have been subject to by dealership employees, anything could have happened. I attempted to retrieve personal items mid-December and was informed by employees my request was being denied as "...that's not your truck any more.", and a technician retrieved only part of my belongings. Both sets of electronic FOBS (keys) were left at the dealership. I have also removed the 'specialty license plates' from the vehicle. The stainless steel plate frames that were on the vehicle were not returned with the plates.

I look forward to completing the finalization of this transaction."

Then Friday, Enterprise Rent a Car called to advise me the authorization for my rental ran out Jan 4 and I needed to authorize the to bill ME $240 and return the car to them tomorrow. The people at Enterprise had been unable to talk to anyone 'authorized' to extend my rental.

I called Jan with FCA.
She told me I would be in a rental until I surrendered the vehicle to Stericycle. She told me DO NOT PAY FOR THE RENTAL, it is outside the scope of our agreement AND the dealer is responsible for it. She would get Albino Estrella to call the service manager and get authorization extended at least another 21 days.
I asked her about the communication I had received from Darcee, she told me that the strict and rigid guidelines for reacquisition could not be followed, and Texas Dodge was informed earlier today to put the truck back together, Stericycle would take it to A DIFFERENT DEALER to repair and Albino Estrella would be 'cleaning house' because of the difficulty EVERYONE had experience with this outfit. She also informed me I would be given as much time as I needed to retrieve personal items from the vehicle AT SURRENDER, contrary to FCA policy.

My impression is I'm not the only one unhappy with this dealer.

Notified by Vroom a little while ago, the Titan is loaded and on it's way. Be here Monday, maybe.
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 01:39 PM   #3164

HaHaHa the Joke is on me. I received a flash drive update for our 2014 RAM 1500's GPS maps. Big mistake to install this thing in my case. I followed the instructions to the letter and the install failed. I called Uconnect and they said the flash drive may have been corrupted and download a new copy from the uconnect website. I complied with their instructions, the results were the same. Now our Ram is stuck in a endless loop of,"wait 2-5 minutes" and "plug in the flash drive," I have to take it to the dealer now to see if they can fix it. How much will this cost me? I have no idea. Just to comment on the flash drive that Uconnect sent me the papers that came with the flash drive had our VIN numbers on it. Until I can get the truck to the dealer I have no backup camera, climate controls, radio and none of the touch screen features. I am not happy with uconnect right now.

https://autoweek.com/article/technol...uconnect-fritz
Duke4857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:40 PM   #3165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke4857 View Post
HaHaHa the Joke is on me. I received a flash drive update for our 2014 RAM 1500's GPS maps. Big mistake to install this thing in my case. I followed the instructions to the letter and the install failed. I called Uconnect and they said the flash drive may have been corrupted and download a new copy from the uconnect website. I complied with their instructions, the results were the same. Now our Ram is stuck in a endless loop of,"wait 2-5 minutes" and "plug in the flash drive," I have to take it to the dealer now to see if they can fix it. How much will this cost me? I have no idea. Just to comment on the flash drive that Uconnect sent me the papers that came with the flash drive had our VIN numbers on it. Until I can get the truck to the dealer I have no backup camera, climate controls, radio and none of the touch screen features. I am not happy with uconnect right now.

You said you recieved the update. Did it just pop up on your screen? I have had to do an update once with no issues.
Andersen Ultimate w/Andersen Bed Shaft
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:16 PM   #3166

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyGTX View Post
You said you recieved the update. Did it just pop up on your screen? I have had to do an update once with no issues.
in my case, they sent me a thumb or flash drive.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:41 PM   #3167

I've had no problems with my Uconnect updates for the GPS..........what I think is outrageous is the price!!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:13 PM   #3168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Dan

I don’t know what is worse...boys drooling over your truck or drooling over your daughter! My DD turns 11 soon and I’m not looking forward to her high school days!
Oh yes you are! You just dont know it yet. Mine is a sophomore and will have her license in the spring. I guess I'm gonna have to drop some cheddar in my Dodge/Cummins to finish the restoration project I started and let her drive it to school. Most of these kids here drive mom and dads hot rod cars so I'll let her drive dads 1000hp hot rod diesel truck and whomp all their butts.
Last year she had some silly boy all over her like a wet shirt until he met me. My wifes got this bright idea when we picked her up from school to give him a ride home. When he saw the box of Hornady .44mag rounds in the center console he shut the back door of my Silverado very gingerly, very politely said thank for the ride, went in his house and we never saw him again. Lol!
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:49 AM   #3169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
Oh yes you are! You just dont know it yet. Mine is a sophomore and will have her license in the spring. I guess I'm gonna have to drop some cheddar in my Dodge/Cummins to finish the restoration project I started and let her drive it to school. Most of these kids here drive mom and dads hot rod cars so I'll let her drive dads 1000hp hot rod diesel truck and whomp all their butts.
Last year she had some silly boy all over her like a wet shirt until he met me. My wifes got this bright idea when we picked her up from school to give him a ride home. When he saw the box of Hornady .44mag rounds in the center console he shut the back door of my Silverado very gingerly, very politely said thank for the ride, went in his house and we never saw him again. Lol!
I raised three sons. If we would have had a daughter(s) I don't know how I would have dealt with boyfriends. I know what was on my mind when I was that age and I doubt anything has changed.

Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions.

KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 08:26 PM   #3170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke4857 View Post

UPDATE:

I got the pickup into the dealer today. They reset the radio to factory settings and then did the update, which failed again. They said they tried to update a second time. They told me that the flash drive must have messed up the radio. They are ordering a new radio to replace the one in our Ram 1500 (2014) at no cost to me. We will see how this turns out in a week or so.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:09 PM   #3171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
My teenager daughter has shot archery competitively for approx 8 years and has now moved to trap, etc. Her last "Boyfriend" came over one day for her to teach him how to hold a bow. It was quite comical to watch.

She also can drive manual transmission, but I digress.......

She will make a great husband some day.. my daughter is on the same path... nobody steals manual transmission cars...
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 02:53 PM   #3172

Gathered goodies

Went to dealer to gather my personal belongings from my soon-to-be reacquired Ram. First thing I noticed, the Gator Hybrid bed cover was missing. Also removed, the Bedrug. Took pictures both sides, front and rear, found a 'new' door ding in passenger front door and huge scratch on cab roof over driver. Everything I left in the truck in October was still there except aforementioned and dash emergency beacon that was in back seat.
Attached Thumbnails
20200117_111334.jpg   20200117_111346.jpg   20200117_111508.jpg   20200117_112047.jpg   20200117_112052.jpg  

20200117_112820.jpg   20200117_112836.jpg  
Old 01-17-2020, 03:51 PM   #3173
Site Team

The word unbelievable doesn't begin to describe your situation.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 05:56 AM   #3174

Quote:
Originally Posted by curver900 View Post
She will make a great husband some day.. my daughter is on the same path... nobody steals manual transmission cars...
I made my daughter learn to drive a manual transmission before she could get a driver's license. She didn't mind this at all since she wanted her license so bad. I then followed that up with she must change a tire before she could ever drive anywhere by herself. She balked at this one for a few weeks after getting her license thinking I would soften up. Then one day she really wanted to go to a friend's house. After the tire was changed and the spare and jack were put back where they lived she was off.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 06:29 AM   #3175

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
I made my daughter learn to drive a manual transmission before she could get a driver's license. She didn't mind this at all since she wanted her license so bad. I then followed that up with she must change a tire before she could ever drive anywhere by herself. She balked at this one for a few weeks after getting her license thinking I would soften up. Then one day she really wanted to go to a friend's house. After the tire was changed and the spare and jack were put back where they lived she was off.
Good job. Back when I drive a wrecker I got a call to pick up a cab for a flat tire. Because drivers abused the service an would call for a tow when the nights were slow we were told that no matter the issue we had to tow the car an the driver would have to pay for the call. I pulled up to the car an the guy, late 20's maybe early 30's was standing there. He had the car jacked up an the flat removed. The spare was laying there on the ground next to all the lights nuts. I asked what the problem was an he said he didn't know what to do next. He was having a great night an begged me not to tow him back in. I put the spare tire on an he was surprised an kind of upset with himself that's all be had to do. But unfortunately I had to tow him back to the shop which ended his night an cost him a tow
Old 01-18-2020, 07:39 PM   #3176

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post

I agree with the ability to do so but now days I would call a tow truck to come and change it. There is no way I would or would expect someone I love to be on the road changing a tire. IF it cost $500 it would be worth it as apposed to being hit and killed.. Unfortunately that is how it is in today's world... I have AAA so call them!
curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:39 PM   #3177

New (to me) TV

Guess it's time to post something positive. New vehicle has arrived, all ready for a road trip.
Attached Thumbnails
external_right_side_head_on.jpg   83017141_10221587882195650_871238707313639424_o.jpg   82509944_10221587881355629_3982861003376295936_o.jpg   82364940_10221587881475632_492569389493649408_o.jpg  
Old 01-20-2020, 09:55 PM   #3178

Man if feels like a decade has gone by since I have posted here. Anyway, January mark the start of a new camping season for me. Last year we went to Pirates Cove in Califonia and jotted down a few things that need to be taken care of next time. Now it would be easier to walk into a dealer and get a new truck...but I kinda want to ride the 7.3 PSD train a little while. So the tow vehicle is going to get a few repairs or upgrades depending on how you look at it. To start this season off I have two dead batteries that need to be addressed. Oils and filters. Both exhaust manifold and up pipes leaking (parts ordered) I have a fluttering type vibration when accelerating sometimes. (Feels like a u-joint ) SO going to rebuild the driveline with new U-joints and center support. If I have the funds and time I would like to replace the HPOP as mine is getting tired and only getting to around 2300 PSI for a brief second then dropping to 1900 psi. I need to machine all four rotors as they are warped from the previous owner and that should be it for this year. The rest of the stuff I can put off till next year.
PistonSlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:45 PM   #3179

Had a little fender bender on the way home today! I REALLY LOVE my Ranch Hand bumper! The idiot that slammed into the barricade causing the accident...not so much! I’m also loving my dash cam! Already notified insurance, as I don’t have a claim to make, but in today’s world you never know!
Click image for larger version

Name:	60141890227__41EB0F40-8042-47B6-B4ED-10F396EDB1BF.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	55969

Name:	IMG_0166.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	55970

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	55971
Old 01-22-2020, 06:16 PM   #3180

What did you do to your Tow Vehicle today?

Looks like just a little scratch on the ranch hand. Glad you’re ok. That reminds me I need to get one for my truck (ranch hand)

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote