Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2017, 02:01 PM   #1561

Ordered some Timbrens for my Tacoma. Will update on the install, probably won't be able to get the TT out for another couple of weeks. We've had the TT since February but work keeps getting in the way. Excited to get our Jay Feather 18RMB out for a shake down run. Need to get a WDH, thinking Anderson as they seem to work well on the lighter trailers.
GarlicDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:03 PM   #1562

Rotated tires and lubed the front prop shaft. No other grease fittings on it! Truck is just shy of 5400 miles. Can't wait to tow again this Friday...absolutely LOVE towing with the Cummins power!

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:26 PM   #1563

Got taken to the cleaners by the State as I had to renew my truck tabs today. Just the increase for this years renewal is more than I paid last year...

They'll be stealing from me again next month as the DW's CR-V is up for renewal. Same thing - increase is more than I paid last year...
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #1564

FINALLY getting the windows tinted!! I spent a few days working out at the deer lease a few weeks ago and it was just too damn HOT. So I decided enough is enough; it's my Father's Day gift. Getting the driver and passenger windows and the windshield done. No need to do the rears, they're already quite dark, but I might have my guy put some on later anyway just to cut down some more on heat...

Tech called and said I had a chip that needed to be fixed before he could do the windsheild, so it's stalled a little, but no biggie, he "knows a guy" who can fix it local for cheap enough to make it worth it.

SO excited!!! Now, if I could just find the $$ in the budget to put on a BakFlip MX4, that's be great!! Maybe it can be a birthday gift to myself!!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:07 AM   #1565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
FINALLY getting the windows tinted!! I spent a few days working out at the deer lease a few weeks ago and it was just too damn HOT. So I decided enough is enough; it's my Father's Day gift. Getting the driver and passenger windows and the windshield done. No need to do the rears, they're already quite dark, but I might have my guy put some on later anyway just to cut down some more on heat...

Tech called and said I had a chip that needed to be fixed before he could do the windsheild, so it's stalled a little, but no biggie, he "knows a guy" who can fix it local for cheap enough to make it worth it.

SO excited!!! Now, if I could just find the $$ in the budget to put on a BakFlip MX4, that's be great!! Maybe it can be a birthday gift to myself!!

I had mine done when I order my ram I also got the uv ray blocker and then tinted on all four window, man you can tell the different when the sun beat down on you and when I roll my window up it stop about 80% of the sun rays. I know that you will love it.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:11 AM   #1566

Oversaw the 14 y/o son swap the steering stabilizer.

My new steering box needs to come out, defective with too much play in the input shaft. oh poop

TV = 2006 F-350 CC DRW 6.0
TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TT = 2007 Jayco Jay Flight 27bh - SOLD
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:45 AM   #1567

Took the truck in for its scheduled 5,000 mile checkup. Changed oil, rotated tires and overall look-over. Getting it ready for our 1600 mile round trip, 10 day vacation to Nashville.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:40 AM   #1568

Send a message via AIM to JeremiahM Send a message via MSN to JeremiahM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
Oversaw the 14 y/o son swap the steering stabilizer.

My new steering box needs to come out, defective with too much play in the input shaft. oh poop
What steering box dis you use? I've had issues with even new oem boxes, and have now gone to using redhead, you should look into them or the blue top boxes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2017, 07:59 AM   #1569

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremiahM View Post
What steering box dis you use? I've had issues with even new oem boxes, and have now gone to using redhead, you should look into them or the blue top boxes

This was a new "redesigned" Cardone. Supposed to have upgraded internals. It actually weighs about 10 pounds more than the stock box.

The Redhead units for this style box have not had a good track record and I have heard whisperings of their customer service declining recently.

I am calling the local Ford dealer tomorrow to get their price. Maybe they will match the Autonation Ford price of 401 bucks.

TV = 2006 F-350 CC DRW 6.0
TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TT = 2007 Jayco Jay Flight 27bh - SOLD
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:12 AM   #1570

Steering Wheel Play

I had a '65 Ford MH that had way too much play in the steering wheel. Found an adjustment on the steering box and procedure for same. Really quick and easy to do, a lot easier and less expensive than replacing the box. Happy Trails....
Old 07-09-2017, 09:08 AM   #1571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrosill View Post
This was a new "redesigned" Cardone. Supposed to have upgraded internals. It actually weighs about 10 pounds more than the stock box.

The Redhead units for this style box have not had a good track record and I have heard whisperings of their customer service declining recently.

I am calling the local Ford dealer tomorrow to get their price. Maybe they will match the Autonation Ford price of 401 bucks.
I've heard the same, and the guy who built the boxes for red head didn't like the direction the business was going, left and started blue tops, worth calling and talking to them, I would highly suggest it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campers & Fishers View Post
I had a '65 Ford MH that had way too much play in the steering wheel. Found an adjustment on the steering box and procedure for same. Really quick and easy to do, a lot easier and less expensive than replacing the box. Happy Trails....
That is only a temp fix, and buys you time. There is also the risk of you going too far with the adjustment. Lots of horror stories out there if that procedure is done slightly wrong. But you are correct, that is an option, and sometimes buys you multiple years, but not often

Old 07-11-2017, 07:41 AM   #1572

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
I had mine done when I order my ram I also got the uv ray blocker and then tinted on all four window, man you can tell the different when the sun beat down on you and when I roll my window up it stop about 80% of the sun rays. I know that you will love it.
HUGE difference! Got the driver and passenger done, had the chip filled Saturday and got the windshield done on Sunday. Just doing the front windows made a dramatic difference. I will likely go back and have him put some on the rear windows as well. They're 20% from the factory, but I like the idea of having more HEAT reduction. And the more UV I can keep out, the better!

A surprising side-effect, it's actually much more "relaxed" in my truck. It's hard to describe, but there is a more "peaceful" feeling in my truck when the sun is beating down outside and it's nice and shady and cool in my truck. That's not something I expected to happen. I loved driving my truck before, now it's even better!

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #1573

Well I don't have anything to tow (yet) but this is what I did to my new F150:

Weathertech Side Window Visors front / back
Weathertech Mud Flaps front / back
Weathertech Floor Liners front / back
Rhino Wheel Well liners back
Dualliner Bed Liner
Bak Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover

That was a lot of work the past few days, but she's good to go now. Only thing left is my Heatshield windshield heat reflector - its working through UPS somewhere or another.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:29 PM   #1574

Pictures of the mud flaps please

Old 07-12-2017, 02:17 AM   #1575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
HUGE difference! Got the driver and passenger done, had the chip filled Saturday and got the windshield done on Sunday. Just doing the front windows made a dramatic difference. I will likely go back and have him put some on the rear windows as well. They're 20% from the factory, but I like the idea of having more HEAT reduction. And the more UV I can keep out, the better!

A surprising side-effect, it's actually much more "relaxed" in my truck. It's hard to describe, but there is a more "peaceful" feeling in my truck when the sun is beating down outside and it's nice and shady and cool in my truck. That's not something I expected to happen. I loved driving my truck before, now it's even better!

Yes, I was glad that I went this way myself in all of my trucks I never did it but when the dealer ask me that do I want it I feel that he was trying to get more money out of me. So when he told me the price I said it's could hurt and man I am so glad.

If I had my window down part way so that the sun is beaten down on my face and when I roll the window all the way up the heat stop right there. Life is good.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:18 AM   #1576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
Well I don't have anything to tow (yet) but this is what I did to my new F150:

Weathertech Side Window Visors front / back
Weathertech Mud Flaps front / back
Weathertech Floor Liners front / back
Rhino Wheel Well liners back
Dualliner Bed Liner
Bak Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover

That was a lot of work the past few days, but she's good to go now. Only thing left is my Heatshield windshield heat reflector - its working through UPS somewhere or another.

Awesome, any pics?
Old 07-15-2017, 02:35 PM   #1577

Brand new truck, and I'm already replacing stuff. Just ordered some BDS / Fox 2.0 shocks to replace the *terrible* Rancho's that come on these trucks now.

Ford should be embarrassed putting bottom tier Rancho's on their FX4's. Thankfully it's an easy upgrade at home.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:58 PM   #1578

Installed a locking fuel door on the 2014 dually.( couldn't get pic rotate properly when uploading)
Attached Thumbnails
ramloc1.jpg  

2014 Ram Dually 6.7 Diesel
2016 North Point 375BHFS
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #1579

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
Brand new truck, and I'm already replacing stuff. Just ordered some BDS / Fox 2.0 shocks to replace the *terrible* Rancho's that come on these trucks now.

Ford should be embarrassed putting bottom tier Rancho's on their FX4's. Thankfully it's an easy upgrade at home.

I'm of the opinion that the stock motorcraft shocks are better than those "ranchos" that come on the FX4. That's not saying much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:27 PM   #1580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
I'm of the opinion that the stock motorcraft shocks are better than those "ranchos" that come on the FX4. That's not saying much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could be right, and probably are. I'll be lucky if I get 60 bucks for all 4 of them. I'm considering putting them out on my rifle range actually.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote