Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-01-2016, 08:12 PM   #21
Also a fan of Blue Ox, but it's been the only WDH I've owned. I've used it with two different TT. I've heard that some hitch types have to have the bars disengaged before doing a campsite backup but that is not an issue with Blue Ox. When going from my old camper to the new one, I only needed to buy a new set of bars to make it work on the new setup (the new camper is much heavier than the old one). I liked not having to buy the whole setup.

Dan & Christine (and Molly)
2015 GMC Sierra 4WD Crew Cab Short Bed with Max Trailer Pkg
2015 Jayco White Hawk 27 DSRL
redenbacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:18 AM   #22
Since you will be at the max for the 1500 truck, I would look very hard at the ProPride or Hensley. I run the ProPride and it is worth every penny! I am at the limit of my Tundra but I tow with 1 hand on the wheel and arrive very relaxed. Only thing I worry about is the other drivers pulling out in front of me. Most other drivers think campers are going to slow them down so they usually cut out in front. They don't realize I am running 60 - 62 mph on our 2 lane roads and maintain that speed no matter the wind conditions.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH traded in
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4, 5.7, 6 speed 4.30 gears
LiftedAWDAstro is online now   Reply With Quote