Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #11
I have towed with friction sway control and with a Hensley Hitch. The Hensley Hitch does not allow sway at all. It is a mechanical 4 bar problem that allows the TV to articulate (turn) but will not mechanically allow the TT to initiate a turn. For example if you had the TT hooked up to the TV while on clear ice and you used a tractor to push on the rear of the TT you would in fact move the front tires of the TV in the opposite direction. However if you pushed on the front of the TV it would allow the hitch to articulate. This is especially good in slippery situations where you could not use friction based sway control. The Hensley Arrow also provides for WD as well. I can't recommend the Arrow enough for large TTs.

Old setup:
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LT with a 2004 Jayco JayFlight 29BHS
2014 Greyhawk 31FS with a 2007 Tahoe toad
New setup:
2014 Thor Palazzo 33.3 with a 2007 Tahoe toad
msturtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:39 AM   #12
Originally Posted by arkhillbilly View Post
I hug the right side of road when I see a problem coming in my mirrors. Its higher winds and fast truck that hug the white line, that causes some sway. Not serious sway, but would be happier with zero. At 74, guess I may be expecting too much. Most of the time , the truck and I are unaware of something following behind. Will try the left bar before I change WDH. Thanks for all the info.
I will second the Hensley Arrow or the Propride 3P hitch to eliminate ALL sway. Why make towing a chore and keeping you white-knuckled and nervous just to go camping. With my Propride, I don't even think about a passing semi. I get NO movement from one and that is passing in either direction. You can run in the air wash behind a semi and all you get is wind noise! Absolutely no sway.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH traded in
2013 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4, 5.7, 6 speed 4.30 gears
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #13
I will put in a third vote for the Hensley, we upgraded from the equalizer setup and the difference is night and day. Yes, they are expensive, but in my opinion they are worth every penny.

mraplx is offline   Reply With Quote