Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-14-2017, 07:30 PM   #1

17 jay feather x17z sewer hose storage.

So my new hybrid has a sewer hose storage in the side by the back it's actually built into the trailer does. But the sewer hose doesn't fit because of the fitting! Does anyone else have this set up built into the box of the trailer and if so do you have a sewer line that fits?
JSCinci2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:28 PM   #2

Have the same problem with my 17C EX-PORT. Just store it the storage compartment.
2012 Nissan Titan
Pee Wee, Razzie and Jack
Azbirddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:17 AM   #3

Ditto on my X17Z. We store in the storage compartment, too. When I get home from camping, I pull it out and lay it in the driveway to dry. Some people have built better storage options and mounted them on the bumper. I may do that eventually. If you do a search, you'll probably find some information.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:14 AM   #4

Yes. Not very smart on Jayco's part
suzieshome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:08 AM   #5

Hi from NKY!

We have ours in the little storage tube. It fits as long as I take remove the '4 in 1" connector. We put that in a shoebox size Rubbermaid in the front compartment. The tube only fits a 10' hose which is all we have at the moment.
Flash828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #6

I just store mine in a 5 gallon bucket (with a lid). When I get to the campsite I just leave it out, when towing I put the bucket in the shower.
When I get to a dump station the bucket is awesome for putting an extra 15 gallons through the black tank after the first drain to get it really cleaned out.
CraigBorden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:13 PM   #7

Check out this thread for some ideas:
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...ion-15960.html
Old 03-15-2017, 07:30 PM   #8

I bought a nice rubber maid storage storage container for it and store it in the front storage now.
JSCinci2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:29 PM   #9

We store ours in a Rubbermaid container and stow it in the shower/tub while on the road. When we arrive at the camp site it, the container goes under the camper until needed.
GoldMiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 03:45 PM   #10

We did what Gold is doing when we had the 23B. Our sewer was a Sewer Solution tho but if yours fits a plastic tub and the tub fits the shower...
Frees up a big space in the storage compartment.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:57 PM   #11

I bought one of these and mounted it directly to the fiberglass. It holds a 15 foot hose.
Attached Thumbnails
storage tube.jpg  
jerdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerdog View Post
I bought one of these and mounted it directly to the fiberglass. It holds a 15 foot hose.
I also bought one of those valterra hose storage containers and mounted it to my bumper. Got it on amazon. I would have preferred a 6" fence post mount, but they don't sell that in Canada. The valterra compartment is working great. I keep my twizzle stick cleaner in the old built-in hose compartment in the x17z
Old 04-19-2017, 09:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCinci2005 View Post
So my new hybrid has a sewer hose storage in the side by the back it's actually built into the trailer does. But the sewer hose doesn't fit because of the fitting! Does anyone else have this set up built into the box of the trailer and if so do you have a sewer line that fits?
I have the same set up. I keep the hose that came with the trailer in it without any problem. It's just a cheap 10 ft. hose with a fitting on only one end. The blank end must be inserted first and the fitting must be rotated to a certain position before you can get the door to latch.

I don't know if a longer hose would fit. I never get the feeling that I'm stuffing the hose in; it fits without a problem. I also have a wand that I stick down the potty when it's time to do a rinse--this fits inside the hose during storage.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:51 AM   #14

I made my own storage and mounted it to the back of the bumper. It is with the vinyl fence post sleeve with a plastic gutter inserted that is used as a pull out tray. I can fit 20' of rhino hose and all the fittings. I mounted it with some L shape brackets so it looks good and does not have any visible straps. It keeps the dirty and smelly stuff outside of the camper.
gdiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdiep View Post
I made my own storage and mounted it to the back of the bumper. It is with the vinyl fence post sleeve with a plastic gutter inserted that is used as a pull out tray. I can fit 20' of rhino hose and all the fittings. I mounted it with some L shape brackets so it looks good and does not have any visible straps. It keeps the dirty and smelly stuff outside of the camper.
Yes--dirty and smelly on the outside...must be why the wife wants me to stay out there!
Old 04-20-2017, 07:31 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaacs View Post
yes--dirty and smelly on the outside...must be why the wife wants me to stay out there!
lol
gdiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:43 AM   #17

Hello - I realize this thread is three years old, but I am hoping you still come to this site! I have an X17Z and just got the Valterra tube and I see you mounted it directly to the camper - how has that stood up? Any damage to the camper? I am reluctant to screw into the camper like that. Am I being paranoid? Thanks!
Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:31 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Hello - I realize this thread is three years old, but I am hoping you still come to this site! I have an X17Z and just got the Valterra tube and I see you mounted it directly to the camper - how has that stood up? Any damage to the camper? I am reluctant to screw into the camper like that. Am I being paranoid? Thanks!
I can see why your nervous about screwing into to the TT.

If it was me, I would drill a pilot hole first. I would dry fit every thing first will all the screws. Take it apart. Apply a little OSI Quad caulk to each screw hole, and a tiny dab, right above each hole. Then put it all back together. That alone should make it water tight. If you want to add little extra protection, apply a small bead of OSI Quad around the new fixture mounts. Just like all the OEM items.

If you use OSI Quad, please note it is crazy sticky stuff. I ALWAYS apply painters tape around my work area, where I do not want it. It also gives me very nice clean lines. Uses super soapy water to smooth it out.

Added note; a lot of people use a plastic fence post sleeve, and a piece of plastic gutter. They mount this under the TT to the frame. I am sure if you do some searching you will find a number of posts of this mod.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 01:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
I can see why your nervous about screwing into to the TT.

If it was me, I would drill a pilot hole first. I would dry fit every thing first will all the screws. Take it apart. Apply a little OSI Quad caulk to each screw hole, and a tiny dab, right above each hole. Then put it all back together. That alone should make it water tight. If you want to add little extra protection, apply a small bead of OSI Quad around the new fixture mounts. Just like all the OEM items.

If you use OSI Quad, please note it is crazy sticky stuff. I ALWAYS apply painters tape around my work area, where I do not want it. It also gives me very nice clean lines. Uses super soapy water to smooth it out.

Added note; a lot of people use a plastic fence post sleeve, and a piece of plastic gutter. They mount this under the TT to the frame. I am sure if you do some searching you will find a number of posts of this mod.
Thanks! I may pass on screwing into the TT. Just seems...risky!
Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2020, 03:18 PM   #20

We bought our 2019 17Z used with two sewer tubes mounted above the bumper. Sorry, I don’t have the brand and model. The tubes are as wide as the camper but they work great.
Steve
Featherfolks is offline   Reply With Quote