Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #21

No one mentioned the "W" word .... wardrobe. I had a 17Z which I dearly loved but which I lamented the lack of wardrobe / place to put your clothes. Since it was just my wife and me we kept our clothes on the other bunk, but with 4 people this should be considered. I sold my 17Z and got an RV with many wardrobes - over compensation, perhaps but now the only clothes I see are the ones I am wearing.

Based on that, I would not rule out the 19H but there is another consideration that I did not see mentioned - trailer hitch weight vs rear axle rating of the Borrego. 5000# rating means nothing if the rear axle will be overloaded. When I had my 17Z it weighed 3800# with 600# on the hitch, and these were weighed weights on a CAT scale.

OP - do the math and if it looks like it will work out based on say 4000# with say 600# on the tongue then get the 19H. You had a popup before so you should have an idea of how much stuff you would carry. Take it from there.
Ex. 2010 Jayco Jay Feather Ex-Port 17Z
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L Vortec V8 6-speed with Power Pack Plus Package | Hypertech Max Energy tune
wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #22

Welcome, good Luck and Happy Camping. We almost bought a StarCraft, since our first popup was a starcraft, and had NO trouble whatsoever.
But the holding tanks on the StarCraft Hybrid were so much smaller than the Jayco.
Missing other amenities also.
elc7593 is offline   Reply With Quote