Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #1

2007 23b dexter ezlube axles - Should I?

Hi everyone!

I have a 2007 23b on a Dexter trailer with ezlube axles. I am revving up to grease my axle bearings and was wondering how other 23b owners felt about using the ezlube zerks for greasing the bearings? I have read stories online that say the ezlube design is horrible and if not done carefully will leak grease into your breaks. Can anyone share their experiences with EZlube and greasing their 23B trailer axles?

Thanks.
ksas025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #2

Comments have been made here that the lube system design for the axles is probably more intended for boating use where the wheels and axles get dunked into the water. I agree with that idea FWIW. I'm thinking that no greasing, or under greasing, is preferable to over greasing. You really don't want to put enough grease in toput pressure the seals and cause them to fail prematurely. That would be worse than doing nothing. I have no data to reference and support that opinion.

Here is a thread which I found helpful.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...ht=grease+axle

Good luck. vic
Old 05-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #3

From personal experience I would say that much of the fear around EZ-Lube axles is anecdotal at best. Our 2003 Kiwi had EZ-Lube axles and I lubed them once a year. We had that trailer for 10 years and never had a problem. Just follow the instructions. Its also important to remember that EZ-Lube axles are not a replacement for periodic inspection.

EZ-Lube care and maintenance.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #4

I am glad to hear about your experience DocBrown. Since I bought my trailer used I think I should take the wheel off and inspect since I have not personally done this. However, makes sense to use EZ-Lube for future greasing. I also appreciate the link!

Thanks for all replies so far.
ksas025 is offline   Reply With Quote