Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #1

2012 -X17a

HI everyone!

We have just put a down payment on the x17A. We are very excited. We really wanted a hybrid camper as it compromised all our wants into a until that we could both agree on. We like that it isn't too long for first timers, but yet you don't have to sacrifice space because the beds pop down.

We go back on the 6/23 to finalize the contract and then we will get on the board for the unit demo.

We don't own a tow vehicle, but fortunately my father will let me borrow his truck anytime we need it. I figure his 04 Nissan Titan with tow package will tow this TT with no problems. It easily pulls his heavy dump truck trailer with a ton of mulch in it.
Grunge Grown Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #2

welcome from northern california, good luck with the new tt.....happy cmping!
bayleightucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #3

Congrats and welcome! We just graduated in March from an old Coleman pop-up to the X20E and are loving it! Did you have a camper before the X17A or is this your first?

We love vacationing in the Orlando area, and are planning to camp at Fort Wilderness for our next Disney vacation. We've made 6 previous trips to Disney and have stayed both on- and off-site. We feel like the camper layout will easily beat the floorplans of the Disney hotels where we've stayed.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #4

This is our first TT, but hubby's dad is on his 2nd Jayco, and we have camped with them quite a few times. I just can't take the tent anymore.

We have never camped at Fort Wilderness. We try to stay away from Disney as much as we can. But once we pick up the TT we just might try it this fall.
Grunge Grown Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #5

Congratulations on the soon to be camper. Have a great time with it, and I am sure the truck will do the job.

Tracy from Central PA

2010 Jayco 17Z Ex-Port
2004 Ford Explorer V8 with the tow package
2010 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 132 - Nights Camping in My Z 102
2011 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 107
2012 Camping Stats
Nights camping 133 - Nights camping in my Z 128
2013 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 66 Nights
tlhdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunge Grown Up View Post
HI everyone!

We have just put a down payment on the x17A. We are very excited. We really wanted a hybrid camper as it compromised all our wants into a until that we could both agree on. We like that it isn't too long for first timers, but yet you don't have to sacrifice space because the beds pop down.

We go back on the 6/23 to finalize the contract and then we will get on the board for the unit demo.

We don't own a tow vehicle, but fortunately my father will let me borrow his truck anytime we need it. I figure his 04 Nissan Titan with tow package will tow this TT with no problems. It easily pulls his heavy dump truck trailer with a ton of mulch in it.

The towing limit seems to be around 9,000 so a 3,500 lb should be no problem at all.

2012 Jayco X17Z SOLD!:Beerchug:
LongIslandCamper is offline   Reply With Quote