Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-29-2014, 06:32 AM   #1

2014 Jayco x23f TV Power Question

So I installed a 22" Samsung LED LCD TV hanging from the upper cabinet versus standing on the shelf, which looks sweet. The adjustable swivel mount swings 360 degrees and has a tilt feature built in. When traveling, it has a screw bolt that keeps it from moving.

However, when I installed it everything was working until last night. At the time I was plugged into 50 amp power. When I got it home and plugged camper into my garage plug the TV would turn on...then shut off quick. I took TV down and plugged into a house outlet to make sure it wasn't the TV...and it powered on immediately. I gave up last night and went back out to camper this morning. TV fired right up. Didn't have a long time to let it run to see if power was cut but wondering if anyone knows why this could be? I did notice last night my inverter fan was running loud. Maybe there was too much of a load with the fridge/freezer turned on and it was trying cool from being warm?

Also, does anyone know what the DC plug is used for that shares the coaxial output? It has a sticker that says DC for TV power only.
crudad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #2

Some tv's come with the option to plug it in to DC outlet instead of a standard outlet. Can you post a picture of the TV placement, we have the same camper, sounds like a great idea.

Other than that, I cannot answer your power question.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crudad View Post
So I installed a 22" Samsung LED LCD TV hanging from the upper cabinet versus standing on the shelf, which looks sweet. The adjustable swivel mount swings 360 degrees and has a tilt feature built in. When traveling, it has a screw bolt that keeps it from moving.
Sorry, can't help you but I would really appreciate a picture of what you did. The type of bracket would also be appreciated. This is the trailer we are considering upgrading to in the near future and the only thing I really don't like is how they placed the TV.

If you don't mind I would appreciate any other feedback you have on your experience with this trailer.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
Site Team

12v television. I think it is a holdover from days of old!
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:46 PM   #5

I will take pictures and post later.

I will also give you my opinion on the trailer later as I have yet to officially camp in it.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
If you don't mind I would appreciate any other feedback you have on your experience with this trailer.
We have a 2012 X23F, not too much has changed. We love it, after looking at different ones, we chose this one. We like that our kids each have a bed and can bring a friend if they want. Plenty of room for us. Counter space, not too much of it, but I like too cook and got creative. I got a cover for the stove and put a large cutting board over the sink, problem solved. Storing clothes for four people can be tricky when camping for a week. It's been easy to set up and take down and we've had no problems with it, other than minor things. Screws loosening, propane valve replaced, and replaced a bypass valve.

This is our first camper and we spent a lot of time researching and looking at various campers. We love the models with 4 bunk beds but that meant more length and weight. This gave us everything we were looking for in a larger camper.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:20 PM   #7

krattie, thank you for the nice review of the X23F. We have twin boys who will soon want their own bed and this trailer seems perfect. We also like the open floorplan that the dinette slide offers. I agree with the counter space and like your solutions. In June we are going for a week in our popup so storing clothes and food will be a challenge for us. We have plastic stackable totes that did well last weekend.

Old 05-31-2014, 01:56 PM   #8

Quote:
krattie, thank you for the nice review of the X23F. We have twin boys who will soon want their own bed and this trailer seems perfect. We also like the open floorplan that the dinette slide offers. I agree with the counter space and like your solutions. In June we are going for a week in our popup so storing clothes and food will be a challenge for us. We have plastic stackable totes that did well last weekend.
On our first camping trip with it right now. I also upgraded from the 1206 and this thing is ridiculous compared to that. Having the bathroom is 100% worth it alone.

I'm still waiting to upload a picture of my tv mount solution. I also figured out why tv wasn't working...bad power supply on the TV. Returned for a new one and it works perfectly.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #9

Here is the view of the 22" Samsung LED LCD from the kitchen/Dinette area:

The mount fully rotates 360 degrees and this is the view from the front bed on the x23f:

Here is the close-up up the mount hanging from the upper cabinet storage. I used a piece of wood to reinforce the mount and actually not sure it is needed. Used long enough bolts with washers/nuts to secure. When traveling you can use the screw to securely hold tv while front bunk and slide are brought in.

Here is the box of the mount that I purchased.

I can either play the sound through the TV or trailer speakers (inside/out). If you want to use trailer speakers take the cord supplied with trailer (red/white to single) and plug into aux in port on back of TV.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:54 AM   #10

crudad, Nice work and thank you for the pictures. It helps a lot. How did you run the power wire and speaker wires up to the mount?

Old 06-02-2014, 06:24 AM   #11

Quote:
crudad, Nice work and thank you for the pictures. It helps a lot. How did you run the power wire and speaker wires up to the mount?
Bundled power, coaxial, and component cords together with zip ties. Used the front bunk metal frame to keep them up. You can see cords but I like the flexibility when rotating the TV. I could add the white cord tracks that hide cables but in my experience those just peel away after awhile.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:26 AM   #12

Great idea to hang the tv from the cabinet. I think my cabinet floors are pretty thin, though. Did you have to reinforce yours to accept those mounting screws? Looks great!
Old 06-02-2014, 04:18 PM   #13

Yes, I used a piece of wood on top side to help. Note, however, that there is a bottom and top (hollow between) in that cabinet. Went with wood to ensure it was secure.