Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2015, 10:04 PM   #1
2014 X23B LED awning lights

I have a 2014 X23B that I have used maybe 6 times max. I purchased it brand new in Sept 2013. Last year there were a few LED bulbs out here and there on the awning. The first time we took it out this season there is only about 16" right above the door that is lit. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there any warranty on these lights or any recommendations for fixing or replacing them?
Thanks for any assistance!!

Jcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:36 AM   #2
I could be wrong, but I don't believe the awning lights come as a standard or option from Jayco. So I wouldn't expect them to be covered by the Jayco warranty.

Also, I've been looking at lights for my 2011 23B and so far I've not found any that didn't recommend you take them down before rolling up the awning.

I suspect yours were a dealer installed option and that somewhere you've got a manual for them with warranty info and that probably suggested taking them down before rolling up the awning.

Charles in Cincinnati, OH.
2006 Honda Ridgeline
2011 Jayco x23B
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
charles_cincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:41 AM   #3
These actually were direct from Jayco. They are hardwired into a switch right inside next to our interior lights and they are the only exterior lights on it (which makes it rather frustrating). They are up at the base of the awning so I'm not sure they are affected by rolling up the awning.
Jcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
My LED Awning lights failed within one week of taking delivery on a 2015 27RLS this past April. It was like pulling teeth to get the dealer to address the problem. After about a month, they finally sent a technician to replace the light strip. The tech did a "cob job" replacing the strip and I had to re-install the strip myself.

I hate the LED light strip as they are way too bright and attract bugs. I have been on 4 trips this year and never used them.
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:04 AM   #5
The "el-cheapo" LED's I bought from Amazon does allow for controlling the brightness of the lights...... interesting that Jayco doesn't allow for this.
2013 Jayco Jay Feather X23B
2014 Ford Expedition
Horst Miracle Probes
Barker Power Jack
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:03 PM   #6
Have the same problem with my Jayco Eagle RE3S. Only about one foot that is lighting. Would like to replace but am wondering what the electrical connection is like. Think they are applied with some type of two sided adhesive tape. Hope someone can inform us as to how repair is done and how they are connected.
rog4kneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:11 AM   #7
I'm now having the same problem with the LED strip on my 2014 X23B. Some lights come on and others do not. It's totally random. If I gave it a few minutes, eventually all the LEDs will light up. But, as soon as I turn on the interior lights and put a load on the circuitry, they go out and then start blinking randomly. I suspect a bad connection somewhere, but who know where!

2014 X23B
2013 F150 Ecoboost Crew Cab
12VOLTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote