Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2015, 02:24 PM   #1

2016 16XRB Price?

I am in the process of negotiating a price on a brand new 2016 Jayco 16XRB. This would be my family's first TT. The dealer I am working with does not have one in stock and they need to order. This is the trailer we want as we like the new upgrades form the 2015 model and I don;t want to push the limits of my 2013 Honda Pilot Touring.

I am having a hard time figuring out if I am getting a good deal. Here are the details and I would appreciate all the info/advice you can give me. I do understand some of the fees are fixed like the DMV fee but others I questions such as delivery, which they say is a Jayco added fee, and the fee for walk through, filling propane, new battery and detail.

MSRP (base plus customer value package, aluminum wheels and outdoor bbq) - $18,613

Deal as it is currently structured:

Price - $13,986
Delivery (which they say they can not wave) - $2,500
Walk Through, Detail, Fill Propane and upgraded battery - $850
Doc Fee - $65
Sales Tax - $1,479.08
Tire Fee - $8.75
DMV - $241

Total OTD - $19,129.83
jmcm15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:33 PM   #2

Delivery out to CA is always a big cost. I can't help with the average price, but maybe a left-coaster can. As far as price of the trailer, they could do a little better. A "good deal" is ~30% off MSRP, and they are giving you 25%. The dealer add-on seems a bit much, but it is probably pretty typical. Mine was only a little less than that. I don't know what they could be charging you for a "tire fee," but it is only $8.75. You may want to question that.

I'm not sure if you looked into it, but there are some wholesalers out there that will give you a very good quote that you can use to negotiate. The problem is they can't deliver it to you (Jayco mandate), and there probably isn't a location near you.

Good luck with the purchase!

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:39 PM   #3
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. You can get a quote online from RVdirect for comparison purposes. Units delivered to the west coast or Canada are generally more expensive due to the delivery charges. The 850 prep charge is questionable and inevitable sales tax hurts the OTD price of course.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:46 PM   #4

I looked at the dealer where I bought my RV a few months back and they have a model with the same options for $13,900 but that also included dealer prep and walk through. Their delivery fee is only $325 but they are maybe an hour from the factory, you must be way out on the west coast. I would try to talk them down on the walk through fee its rather high, these dealers like to charge a standard fee for that but with a small trailer it doesnt take long to go through it all.. I bought my own battery for $150 and propane fill for $20, they may have washed the outside but it sure wasn't detailed like I would expect. For that extra $700 its a ripoff.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:57 PM   #5

I live about 1 hour from San Fransisco, so we are about as West as you can get. My main concerns are the delivery fee and the $850 fee for various things. I am pretty limited on dealers that carry Jayco in the area.

I appreciate all of the responses so far.
jmcm15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:17 PM   #6

It looks like just over 2200 miles from the factory to San Fransisco, most transport companies charge at least $1.00 per mile for delivery, looks like no wiggle room there.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote